Re: Bringing Back an Early Mustang

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Bringing Back an Early Mustang Re: Bringing Back an Early Mustang

realmongo
Participant

The quarter panels that had been replaced several years ago turned out to be a lot of trouble. They had only been stitch welded in a few spots and the passenger side panel came in too much. Everything back there had to get cut to get it to square out. Unfortunately the original trunk lid which I thought had been good turned out to be bent. It may have been bent deliberately to get it to close with that right side quarter panel issue. While at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle I managed to turn up a replacement quarter that the shop will cut and section in. You can see the new Ford Original Tooling tail light panel has been installed too. Lastly, the NOS rear valance is hanging to start mocking up what modifications will be necessary to the quarters to get it to go in properly. Luckily I was able to turn up a panel without back up light holes, as this car did not originally have that option.

Attachments: