Re: Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends Re: Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

dino
Keymaster

OK…back at the shop..unloaded van all day Tues. Rental agency said I clocked 2084 miles. Drove 11 1/2 hours straight on Mon. Got home at 9:30. Wayne (track manager ) and I were monitering ‘everything’ all weekend. You guys have NO idea what goes on behind the scenes. We have already discussed most glithes and have come up with solutions for all items that need streamlining and what will be implimented to speed up the operation. Sure the event has grown,and with each year new mid course corrections have to be delt with. Since 2014 the thing took giant leaps. Some changes might upset a few,but will be for the good of all.As far as results,Sue the real dynamo behind compiling all the ‘Stats” will be going through over 400 tech cards in the next few day. Problem is many double entered or switched ‘classes’ from sat to sun and even mid day on sunday. Wayne only prints out car numbers up top. She’s in the first floor attemping to match numbers with names and cross overs. Lot of work. Our focus is to speedup Tech and start early and end early. Like I said…some will have to grin and bear the changes for the success of this event. What you arn’t aware,is that almost 70% of the entries are not ‘seasoned’ racers. They only come out one -two or three times a year and are not used to the track formats .Some don’t know were the Shutdown turnoffs are,how to stage .how to be ready to be pulled out of the lanes ,were the fuel station or bathrooms are. We had many first timers that had never raced at Lebanon, one from Ohio! We are going to three days to get a chunk of tech done early. the two day pass worked cutting down Sun am tech. Remember,some don’t even arrive to get teched til 10 or 11. We will open tech earlier and close it down earlier in a attempt to get guys to track earlier. All these changes plus a run order for Sunday,even a map to all entries will be implimented with more ‘drive info” These guys do this every week and know how to fix things.As far as the remark about “what Happened to the Dover Theme” well It has and always will be a DOVER title event and Dover ‘keeping the memories Alive ” format.Every year new people learn about where, what and how Dover Was. Just how many Dover Cars & drivers are left? go back to 2009 when we started and count how many we have lost in 9 years. I constanlty track down the Cars /drivers for monthes in advance calling all over,but it’s like pulling teeth to drag them out.Health Issues,family plans ,distance,fixed incomes…I hear it all. I find More each year but then again loose previous. Next Year I’m making a big Sign to present Photos and Track history to read , and take a photo of. If We never started this.. Dover would be a lost memory. I appreciate all who have faithfully attend each year…you guys show how dedicated we are to keep the Dover Legacy going. You have any Good or legitiment suggestion -CALL ME 910-997-4444…We don’t air our dirty laundry on the forum. Complaints without solutions are a waste of time. I’ll Have a complete Event recap and figures in a few days….right now I’m pooped….later