LAST MINUTE RACE DETAILS POSTED HERE

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 1st.DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS- 2009 LAST MINUTE RACE DETAILS POSTED HERE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Had to make a NEW TOPIC…just for odds ‘n ends as we “Countdown”. Lot of guys called & are are planning to arrive Friday -Stay Over and race. WILL CONFIRM & Post here IF track Open to park Rigs overnight…Also Other Motel “Official Track Motel” only 6 miles from track.It’s on their site.Will Call Tony today for latest-greatest …Clocks Turn Back this weekend .Lose an hour of running.Gona see about posting a Event schedule By the hour…Who’s up for Quick eliminations to save time (ROUND -ROBIN) …the old way —>Run -win -come RIGHT Back to lanes ….so when ready for next round we don’t waste time waiting for stragglers to show in lanes.Input Here on running YOUR car that way ,Good -Bad .lets try to crank out the runs BEFORE it gets dark.

tomatohead
        Participant

hey what can you say ❗ its fine with me ❗ ………………….count down coutinues …………………………. ❗

dino
            Keymaster

Rich (M&M) SAID:
                Bob: Do you or anyone out there have the abilty to take pictures and post on site in real time, at the race nov 7th.? Send VIA cell phone. The snow out killed us, the airline would not change or refund tickets lost the $$! Would like to be there this would the next best thing!! Thanks Rich
                ANSWER: “Were going to try to use Tracks Computer…Take Camera memory stick & load in direct …Melissa (Tony’s Daughter should be able to handle it) “.Then save the file and post on Forum . Video takes some doing BUT I’m Thinking jmb442 (Joland ) Might be “in stock” for this.

tomblake
                Participant

Anybody staying Saturday night at the Comfort Inn?
                    We have reservations for Saturday, just in case of weather and understand Sunday is a test and tune at Island.
                    Could be a good night for a party. Like a “Sam’s Place in Wingdale” get together after the race.

masracingtd1167
                    Participant

Yes we are staying over Sat night .

billy-casey

Hi Tom and Billy ,,, my brother and I are staying sat. night … Billy

dino
                            Keymaster

Video Bob Just sent this to Keep your spirits up:
                                Hi,,
                                Partly sunny ,mid 50’s, no rain in forcast all this comming week to sat. nothing about sat nite or Sunday yet loooooong way off but at least NO STORMS in the forcast!!
                                Bob

. . . . . . . . Cameras charged,,,Video -the more the better !

tomblake
                                Participant

Dino….the countdown is on for you to scan my pictures. If your leaving Thursday that only leaves 4 or 5 days.
                                    I know you have looked at them because I see you posted one of the E J Potter pictures and referenced you have the others.

dino
                                    Keymaster

I PMed you or e-mailed that they are All done and in the mail back to you 😯

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Monday’s a.m. forcast for ‘The Race’ partly sunny low 50’s for saturday the 7th of November !!
                                            Oh, Billy, I got a Sawsall got a chevy motor??
                                            ‘V’

billy-casey

V-Bob … bring it out to Island sat. , Tom Blake and I will have it ready by the last time trial … I’ve got big hammers , plenty of duct tape and bailing wire…OH YA , can’t waite 😆 😆 😆 Billy …PS , I promise we’ll return it after the race

dino
                                                Keymaster

Still Need HELPERS !!!..3 or 4 to assist Track & Bobby Smith -simple parking and stuff like that….E-mail or call …me or Bob !!!

tomblake
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Billy Casey:

V-Bob … bring it out to Island sat. , Tom Blake and I will have it ready by the last time trial … I’ve got big hammers , plenty of duct tape and bailing wire…OH YA , can’t waite 😆 😆 😆 Billy …PS , I promise we’ll return it after the race

You forgot the tie wraps but I will bring plenty of those.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

LatestUpdate!read all posts here if your’e needing info(check “Drags Heading-topics too) Just On the phone to the track ….TONY JUST SAID, “THE BRAND NEW PAVEMENT IS GOING DOWN NOW”. We’ll be the first on the all new track surface.We are working out final Times for Sat Open Gate -Time Trials -elim. AND HE SAID “its A Given”, we’ll run into darkness AND turn on the lights .Can run til 11pm with town ordinance.TRACK Is scheduled for Test N Tune FRI. Night ,so can park overnight (Run Too!)
                                                            Sidenote: . . . . Conrad the tech guy from Lebanon ,.Hit the guard rail (knocked out a section) Sun.at Island. Rolled and Flipped the car …landing on roof. Medics called -cut him out of car and Took helicopter to hospital. He’s ok and was released THAT night. So Safety first !

masracingtd1167
                                                            Participant

Dino I got a call from Seymore . He tells me he is coming to Island . If he shows put him to work .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.