Chuck Caman Checks In

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Chuck Caman Checks In

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

hi dino… sooooooooo… just surfin’ on the net… maybe had a nostalgic moment and landed on your site.. OH MY GOD !!!!!!! … FANTASTIC !!!.. let me say that i was not a “regular” at dover dragstrip BUT… i can relate to 75% of the names. probably raced there 4 maybe 5 times.. 65 chevelle 327/350.. and 70 nova the same. nothing fancy just out of the box to see what she can do. the chevelle was prepped by westchester automotive (john galli) and its there that i met charlie castaldo. now.. i got to say did i really “know” these people… no… but every gearhead in the 60’s knew their names and maybe had a story. i will certainly be joining your site and maybe add a story or two. man.. the names… billy lagana for instance.. had a few dark years and its so good to hear he is doing well. i remember him from pelham new york and anybody with a chevy wanted him to tune it. galli ??? what a pisser… always the bowling crapola.. HA… i remember when he did the suspension on my 65.. holy shit !!!.. what a story. well… on and on. so.. this ex street racer from the bronx who bought parts from burke and flips will be checkin’ in to your great site. oh yeah.. i remember the bars and racin’ on the sprain when we had people with walkie talkies tellin us if the cops were comin’.. and on and on. i even found a dover pit pass from “64 and some photos. ron abbott has his glass shop right up the highway from us… hellzsapoppin’ fer sure. hey… i gotta go but thanks again for your awesome sight.

chuck

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.