Any Info on Dick Deacon from the Black Arrow crew

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Any Info on Dick Deacon from the Black Arrow crew

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    teoracer

My Dad was Dick Deacon. After he passed I found a picture of him standing by the Arrow. On the front fender it has ” mechanic Dick Deacon”. If anyone on here can tell me anything about my dads involvement with the Arrow I would greatly appreciate it. My mom was Bunny Short before she married my dad if that helps jar anybodies memory.Thanks

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

by teoracer on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Since there are so many people on here from the era of the Arrow I was wondering if you could help me out. My father is Dick Deacon. He died of lung cancer a couple of years ago and while going through his personal belongings after his death I came across some pictures of him with the Black Arrow. In one picture it had “Mechanic Dick Deacon ” on the front fender. I was wondering if anyone here remembers him or his involvement with the Black Arrow. Unfortunately my mom has also passed so I have no one to ask about this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

…Might Also check with ‘Storm King” & Storm King 2″ to access anyone on the forum ,To e-mail or Private message -click on their user name once you’re logged in.That takes you to their Profile with e-mail and PM links.

dino
            Keymaster

Heres some shots “Teo” sent me ..I tweeked a bit…Name on early version And A/FX configuation.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Here’s an interesting shot…someone else driving,…thats Doc in the striped pants looking on .

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

by dinotheweirdo on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Interesting…In all our photos of the Arrow..and we have a bunch that were Never seen Til we found them…No Place did I find that name on the fender ,in all its lettering convigurations. Doc usually put the “crew” on the Roof post and that changed a lot …Al Popalatis…Freddy Murphy….and someone else. He copied Grumps placement of Grumps crew ,that was only on for the Winternationals. Scan at a Hi- 300+ Dpi and send e-mail to me. I’ll clean-up ,edit & Post.Guys ? Know anything? Put ‘Burgess’ in search…you’ll find Plenty.You might try calling Freddie Murphy …still runs the Murphys Speed shop in Wingdale.
                        viewtopic.php?f=4&t=131&p=335&hilit=murphys#p335

845-877-3117

dino
                        Keymaster

by teoracer on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:18 am

‘Thanks for the help. I actually know Murph from my days dirt racing at Middletown. My dad would always go over to his trailer and BS with him. Unfortunately for me I never paid enough attention to what they were talking about. Of course now that Dad is gone I want to know all about it. My brother has the picture I was speaking of so I will have him scan it and send it. I also have some pictures of just the Black Arrow. I will dig them out, scan and send also. Thanks again’.

As You Can See I got The Photos And Moved all the Posts HERE in one place .

teoracer

Thank you. I was just trying to put it in a couple of places to increase my odds of getting some feed back. I apologize if this violated some rules of this forum. I am just excited that I may be able to get some answers to the questions I have about his involvement.

dino
                                Keymaster

No violation …just reorganization …watch the view counts on the photos …and some guys have all differant times and schedules…average over 125 hits a day.Where did he live?…that might help and what did he do-work-where?

tomatohead
                                    Participant

……. “TEO” , …. thats probably your Dad running the car in that last shot 😀 and DINO look at that CROWD 😮 😯 ❗ Talk about Packed ❗

dino
                                        Keymaster

Mater /teo…I’ll zoom around the photos in my graphics program and see if theres a Match Race competior Or Doc was just shakin it down. Also this is the Last lettering job on the car …After my first one…then it became Storm King.

dino
                                            Keymaster

I’m Wrong…was bothering me all day ,so I searched the site.Teo’s photos are Not the ‘last’ lettering job on the yellow altered wheel base configuration…but the first—MINE was last , as confirmed in this photo from the Smrtics :
                                                “Here is a shot of my brother Bill and Doc Burgess the day we bought the car in front of doc’s home. We flat towed the car (on it’s race slicks) all the way back to Cornwall!”-Gary Smrtic

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Stand By for your Response TEO…Direct From the DOC himself!…Just had him on the phone to help him navigate your PM’s …Said Dick DID drive it once…unfortunatly overshifted and cracked the head—OPPS .but that shot I posted you sent me ,of Doc standing behind car IS that Run.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.