Re: Paul Gommi-My First Run In Dragster at Dover-1964

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST Paul Gommi-My First Run In Dragster at Dover-1964 Re: Paul Gommi-My First Run In Dragster at Dover-1964

jimbo

Freddy:

Everytime I go back to Connecticut I go over to Vito’s shop and we either go out for breakfast or lunch and catch up on old times.

When I start thinking back to Pete’s old station I remember so many of the guy’s that used to hang out over there.

I remember going with Pete over to Dick Moroso place when he lived with his parents on Park Place in Old Greenwich and Dick lived in the room over the garage. I think Pete needed to barrow something for a sunday race or something like that.

Pete was a wonderful guy who always seemed to like to see everyone hanging around his garage and in those day’s that was the place to be if you were interested in cars.

Freddy do you remember the time the old guy came into Pete’s garage and told him his car was faster then Pete’s 63?

He told Pete that they should go over to I-95 and race for about 5 miles and when Pete tried to explain to him that his car was only fast in the 1/4 mile the old guy said see I told you I could beat your car in a race.

We all had a good laugh

I bet you remember Benny Daddona and his 64 409 and many of the other guy’s.

Freddy I think you had a younger brother that used to come around once in a while but I can’t remember his name.

Check out my web site if you get some time it’s Nostalgic Racing Decals and I really started the whole thing about 8 years ago to try and keep alive all the great memories from those day’s

I have been living for the past 18 years in Palm Harbor, Florida because I got tried of the cold winters and snow.

Back in the 60’s Waterside and Pete’s station were the number one place for car guy’s to hang out at night and we sure had a lot of fun. Pete was always laughing and playing tricks on everyone.

Jim Hill