Re: NEW PARTS FOR "PAPA’S TOY"!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING NEW PARTS FOR "PAPA’S TOY"!! Re: NEW PARTS FOR "PAPA’S TOY"!!

mikey

When I took the car to the Dyno, it was with my converted Demon Carb, and the E85 tune-up was perfect, good air/fuel numbers. I’ve converted and built another carb to have as a spare, and also to loan to any of you guys that would like to try the E85. It is set up for my engine, but should work well on just about any motor with a few “tweeks”. I also realized the day after the Dyno tests, that I had forgotten to move the timing back to 36 or 38 degrees. I was trying to see how many degrees each dot was on the Crank trigger plate, and I had retarded the trigger pick-up. Well, I got sidetracked, and forgot to re-set the timing. When I checked it the next day, it was set at 25 degrees. I wonder how much HP that cost me?? Duh! Anyway, I’ll be going back to the Dyno again to check it out with the new carb, and the timing WILL BE CORRECT!! Here are some pictures of the “new” carb. A friend gave me his old 750 double pumper. After all was said and done, the only thing I was able to use off it was the throttle plate. I had to buy a new main body because of the screw-in air bleeds, and I had to get 2 new float bowls because the threads in the fuel inlets on both bowls were stripped. Maybe one day I can find some “Heli-coils” for them. I saved all the parts from this carb and the Demon, just in case I ever decide to run gas again. ………..Mikey 😆

Attachments: