Rizzi's Auto Parts

Basically regional shops and services that Dover Racers used
bobrizzi
King of the Hill

Rizzi's Auto Parts

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Rizzi's Auto Parts White Plains, NY opened up in 1975 next to DePalos Dugout. Ran a 1968 427 Chevelle and sponsored the 1974 Maverick of Marino & Vitalee (Roush car). Was there 10 years supplied many locals their hard core track parts before turning to a wholesale oriented operation. Still around today.
Attachments
Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg (47.16 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg (84.03 KiB) Viewed 3789 times

bossguy
King of the Hill

Re: Rizzi's Auto Parts

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Didn't that Maverick get totaled in the pits at Englishtown?

Don Kauer
King of the Hill

Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Well, Well, Well....................Riz.......I've just put this all together..Unfortunately I do know you :lol: :lol: :lol: We've both mentoined Len Altizio, Ricky Futia, Jim Depaolo and your parts store all of which I remembered...This told me that yes we were in each others company many times.....................Now you mention a friend from Mt. Vernon who was a White Plains cop and bought the 4 dr. Maverick from Wayne Gapp and Jack Roush...........Jimmy Martino........Yes I knew him well and I remember when you were involved with that car....This all came together....Riz, what happened to Jimmy? I know what happened with the cops and the car but did he get straightened out....I really liked him.....I hung out with Jim and his old girlfriend Irene when they lived on Bronx River Rd. ...............................Don...........

bobrizzi
King of the Hill

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Jimmy was a good guy we got along good. I have not seen him in years.I heard alot of stories of what went on with him and his brother and I hope that he got it all together.He set me up with all of the cops in White Plains and in 76' during the blackout he made shure that somebody watched the store all night.That article in the paper plus the local radio station running 'COP & MAILMAN DRAG RACER SPOTS" put the icing on the cake for Jim. Riz~~~

DINO
Site Admin

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Yo RIZ...Wake up!...what are you bringing to our party to run ?---Island -Sept.?
Dino in ROCK 'n' ham
http://carolinasignworks.com
https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip
"Attention in the pits and other parts of your body"

Return to “SPEED SHOPS from Dover's past”