WEATHER And "at Track" News And Notes

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 4th Annual Dover Drag Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags 2012 WEATHER And "at Track" News And Notes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Use your Favorite weather website…Track Zip code is 12195
        NOTE!…As of this Writing , site I like http://www.wunderground.com says this:
        I Use ‘hourly report:
        Sat- 30% ‘chance’ of rain 8am…thats 70% NO
        …….20% ‘Chance’ of Rain 11am….thats 80% NO
        after that -rest of day OK

SUNDAY….0 % of rain.
        Don’t do what some did last year & stayed home cause it was raining at their house 1 or 2 hours away. DUH…ya missed it
        We had guys leave track on Sunday at the first Drop …It passed and 45 minutes later we ran the whole show off & were done at 5:30.
        Check our Facebook Page And This Topic…I’ll post regular updates through-out the weekend.

dino
        Keymaster

Weather Update :
            Latest Has 70% of thunderstorm “Probabilty” through out Saturday…Sunday OK
            Now Just like Last year ….Nice …a quick storm…Here it comes …there it goes. Dry the Track And Run. My suggestion would be …if you’re worried about it but have the time…show up sat …get teched and get that over with …If the track’s ‘runnable’ you’ll be ahead of the game.SUNDAY should Be just fine. I’m sitting in the office NOW and will be monitoring the site through out the day And tonight.
            Heres Some :” Dino Travel” notes……
            Left Rockingham 5:30 Wed night…burned through Wash-DC by midnight and camped out in Maryland.Hit Danbury about 1pm…Wed and Made the “rounds” Louie At Economy Signs..”brother of the Brush”…Surprise visit to Don Kauer At Work…And fielded phone calls on Cell from John Shimer -V-Bob and others. Took in the Cruise Night At Friendly’s in New Milford….Great Bench Racing session for hours with Shimer-Grover and John Sachs.Then headed North ….going through Wingdale as I do now each year just to tell the old track we haven’t forgot you ‘ol girl’…..Hit the Track this morning and about 10.am .Gas prices near track…In the 3.80 range …gas up in ct. and save almost .40 a gallon….saw 3.94 in Dover plains???
            Raining on and off now …Paul B. & linda In stock saving pit spaces and setting up Goodie Booth. Oh-If the Dirt Track Rains out Sat. night, the “Clubhouse Lounge ‘Will Not be open.
            more to follow …watch this topic.

dino
            Keymaster

4pm Lebanon Valley….Rain tapering off…Paul & Linda have their picnic tent & Llithuanian Luau Section roped off for Pat And V-Bob to set up…Drifters haven’t fired up a car yet. …Heading to meet the M&M crew at hotel. Tony, Rich and Marty on the road with two cars in tow now. I’ll Check in later.

dino
                Keymaster

Same Day Report…..WE’RE Running ! SUN’S out And Fox 23 new Weather…Last night (Albany)Said on Weather report… Party Cloudy All day “C
                    hance” Of Thunder Storm Maybe about 5.pm…Times Trials And NETO Qualifying as I Type. . . . . .’told ya’ don’t believe the weather websites…….IN STOCK

dino
                    Keymaster

OK gang at about 12:45 …A Storm came out of nowhere and we took a short break.Then another popped up …And To make a long story short we got drenched. Its Still raining but Radar says it”ll stop soon. The Amount of Rain would Take too long to Dry the Track let alone the Pits…Plus a lightning strike hit something in the timing system that is being repaired now. Howie then announced the Dirt track races are cancelled for tonight. Oh Well Great Weather Forcast for Tomorrow.Plenty of Cars Teched in ,Have run numerous times. I would suggest Getting here Early. Neto will have run off extra Rounds to make up for today and Some guys Decided to stay away today….Again …….Come early.

IN the Pits Plenty of of just outragous Cars….Too numerous to mention. I’ll get some guys to post Photos.

svarplaitis
                        Participant

When I left got about 20 mins south on 22 and the sun was shining all the way back to Dover. I will be back in the am to help out it was nice to say hi to those that was there see ya tomorrow.

don-kauer

Hey Dino………Looked for you today but to my dismay I could not catch up to see you 🙁 …Other then not seeing all of the old crew I still had a great day….I think that I’m over that old bullshit of not having a car anymore…I had an awesome ride with the Shimer Biscayne today and I think I’ll be attending all future events…Thanks for busting your ass to make this event a success for everyone..I know how hard you’ve worked and it shows… 😀 😀 😀 …………Don……….PS…It was great seeing you the other day at the job…

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Hey Don, In that Biscayne, it looked like you owned it ❗ I’m glad you got back behind
                                    the wheel buddy. I wish I knew you back in the day ❗ Great seeing you today,, 😆 See you soon…

Frank…..

don-kauer

Hey Frank, Coming from you that means a lot…Thank you and it was great seeing you also.. 😎 Don…

vic-jr
                                        Participant
                                            quote Don Kauer:

Hey Frank, Coming from you that means a lot…Thank you and it was great seeing you also.. 😎 Don…

Don are you going to be up at lebanon valley Sunday as well?

Vic, Jr.

don-kauer

Hey Vic……I will not be going Sunday but I did miss seeing you….Your name came up yesterday with the guys…Joe Sciacca was wondering how you were doing and I told him that we had spoke on the site and you were doing well…Lets get together soon and keep in touch………….Don..

vic-jr
                                                Participant

Went up early today. met all the old crew!! had a blast. Football has started for me so my days between work and coaching at the school are tight. Would love to get together. Are you ever up in the Orange County area?

Vic

don-kauer

Hey Vic, I’m glad you made it there… I’m up to see my brother sometimes…He’s in Marlboro …Is that close to you?…….Don

vic-jr
                                                        Participant

Yes! I am in Warwick, NY. Below Middletown off 17. We have to connect. if i am out your way I will let you know as well.

Vic

patina
                                                            Participant

Just saw the weather and Lebanon had 7-3/4″ of rain Saturday.

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.