Re: Rare Photo find of ’64 INDY Nationals-GuessWho

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Rare Photo find of ’64 INDY Nationals-GuessWho Re: Rare Photo find of ’64 INDY Nationals-GuessWho

vindicator
Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Babycakes…don’t want to get too far off-line of ’64 Nationals…I did setup contact/intro for the sale of George’s Malco Gasser blue ’67 Mustang…a guy from Maine (associated with Muscle Motors) (?)…told me story of how he’d “cherish” ownership forever…if only George would entertain selling the car…put him in “touch”…needless to say…the “story/assurance” was catagorically untrue…it was all about flipping ($$$)…the Nostalgia race car “movement” was on the charts…like house at one time…selling for what they really were never worth…George didn’t get a ton of $$$ for the car…taken in by the (in) sincerity of buyer…was not “happy” at all when the “whole” truth… nothing but the truth…came to light…”ad-lib” to this…a few years later another (Ct) guy was trying to track down the original Paul Harvey Ford AFX Mustang (later run by Dyno Don Nicholson as A/MP car…winning NHRA Spring-Nats…very early heads up match race car…pre-lude to Pro-Stock) guy called me daily for weeks…I knew where it wuz…had no interest in it…I would never do anything to hinder purchase…but…I wasn’t helping either…anyway…looked into guy’s drag race credentials… which…of course…there weren’t any…actually less than 0…:lol: 😆 😆 it was obvious to me he was/is a “player” in the flip market…Randy DeLisio (the very best Ford factory race car restorer in the whole wide world) did the resto….and as “figured”…it was flipped for $$$ quickly…the guy has been un-happy with me for years (it isn’t ez…but I live with that…best I can…:lol: 😆 😆 )…for not guiding him to car…’course…not to my “face”…U…know…from behind the keyboard (some of us can really “man-up” behind the “keys” ‘eh) 😆 😆 😆 …he did “likewise” with Al Joniec’s long nose “Bat Car” (Randy did that as well…beautiful!)…a car which we owned & raced from Al…I have no issue with the guy (any guy) making $$$…but as I “see” it…they are going to have to earn it…the old fashioned way (Smith-Barney) 😆 😆 😆 it ain’t ever gonna’ be a “entree” for a “cat” like this…at least knowingly/willingly…from me…’nuff said 😆 😆 😆 Drake…p.s. Don Snyder in Ohio owns these cars now…has serious collection…real good guy…real passion…conviction…for the era 😀 😀 :D…this “tale”…boys & girls…has a very happy 😀 😀 😀 ending