Re: DOVER DRAG STRIP GONE /complete photos Then & Now

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION DOVER DRAG STRIP GONE /complete photos Then & Now Re: DOVER DRAG STRIP GONE /complete photos Then & Now

wizeguy1320
      quote dinotheweirdo:

Thats Important News !…That Make three Dover Veterans with Ashes at the Track…Ron Frost….Bill Casey….and now your Uncle.Just a testament to the Tracks lasting legacy touching peoples lives.I know of no other Track that gets this type of prominance long after its gone.Looking forward to your photos and remarks…as I know we all are.

Just got the SD card with the images on it,…. going through them and will post a bunch up,…. when i was there, I was told by some hunters who park their trucks on the return road that the piece of track that is still left was the finishline,..its actually the part of the track that ran beside those rocks in the left lane,….was that the actual finishline? reason being, I assumed it was and walked exactly 1320 feet directly up track to find that someone planted a tree exactly 1/4 mile from the finishline…I called it “The Christmas Tree lol,…looking through the old pics,…and it could be exactly where the starting line was,… thought that was cool….