NOSTALGIA DRAG BIKE CLASS 're-invented'

Re: NOSTALGIA DRAG BIKE CLASS 're-invented'

Postby rake38 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Fast Lane
I have no problem with a two-class format, here are my thoughts
Pick a designation BN= Bike new and BV = Bike vintage
BN - would be any bike that fits current LV / NHRA rules
BV - You make the call on year breaks and modifications to fit this class
The problem is bike count over the last 8 years have been low. Splitting up a small class doesn’t make a lot of sense; many bye runs and kinda silly. Again, my thought is that if there are less than 8 BV bikes entered the bikes are run as one class. If run as one class and a BV bike doesn’t win there still should be a true, BV winner. My suggestion would be the last two remaining BV bikes run off for the winner. The last two BV bike to race for the winner would be picked by
1) Round wins in the combined race
in case of a tie
2) Closest to the dial
3) Best reaction, in that order.
Because this is a nostalgia race no special considerations for BN when run as a combined class.

Your thoughts?
rake38
First Time Out

Postby fastlane » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:34 pm

rake38 wrote:Fast Lane. YEAH FOR SURE SOUNDS GOOD RON I LIKE IT :D I HAVE BEEN THERE WITH YOU RACING MY BIKES IN THE DOVER NOSTALGIA DRAGBIKE CLASS 5 OUT OF THE LAST 8 YEARS / 2010-2012-2013-2014-2016 SO FAR AND WANT MORE PARTICIPANTS TOO. NOW ALL I / WE TO DO IS JUST GET SOME MORE OF THESE OLD GUYS OFF OF DA COUCH GET THERE BIKES OUTTA THE GARAGE AND BACK OUT ONTO THE DRAGSTIP :lol: SEE YA SOON FASTLANE 8-)
I have no problem with a two-class format, here are my thoughts
Pick a designation BN= Bike new and BV = Bike vintage
BN - would be any bike that fits current LV / NHRA rules
BV - You make the call on year breaks and modifications to fit this class
The problem is bike count over the last 8 years have been low. Splitting up a small class doesn’t make a lot of sense; many bye runs and kinda silly. Again, my thought is that if there are less than 8 BV bikes entered the bikes are run as one class. If run as one class and a BV bike doesn’t win there still should be a true, BV winner. My suggestion would be the last two remaining BV bikes run off for the winner. The last two BV bike to race for the winner would be picked by
1) Round wins in the combined race
in case of a tie
2) Closest to the dial
3) Best reaction, in that order.
Because this is a nostalgia race no special considerations for BN when run as a combined class.

Your thoughts?
fastlane
King of the Hill

Postby fastlane » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:53 am

Tractorman and marv old school.jpg
Tractorman and marv old school.jpg (112.42 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Two Pro Stock Harleys in The 70'S As Real As It Gets / Was back in the day 8-)
fastlane
King of the Hill

Postby fastlane » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:36 pm

RE-FRIED.jpg
RE-FRIED.jpg (91.71 KiB) Viewed 823 times
Some " Good Friday " News Today Thee Old Re-Fried modified sportster i am going to use for my NHRA license is ready. the owner sent me this photo tonight he is working on his other harley sportster to help fillup the class for the vintage dragbikes. Happy Easter Weekend Everybody :D 8-) ;)
fastlane
King of the Hill

Postby fastlane » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 pm

zippers ironhead.jpg
zippers ironhead.jpg (105.94 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Here's another really fast ironhead harley sportster i have been trying to get / buy off the owner danny fitzmaurice owner of zippers cycle in maryland it's the white one in the foreground. this bike held the world record for a gasoline burning ironhead sportster at one time with a super quick 8.799. they retired the bike in the early 90's and it has been sitting in his shop ever since the one to the rear was there replacement dragbike a more modern 114 c.i. evolution sportster powerplant this bad boy ripped off a 8.39 at 160 m.p.h. on gas also. it had a trick zippers race case 5 speed automatic transmission in it. fastlane 8-)
fastlane
King of the Hill

Postby fastlane » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:14 pm

dover bikes 60's.jpg
dover bikes 60's.jpg (121.26 KiB) Viewed 762 times
Some Dover bikes from the 60's / true nostalgia / vintage / antique / whatever just cool as hell 8-)
fastlane
King of the Hill

Postby fastlane » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:00 pm

bob fernandez big twin.jpg
bob fernandez big twin.jpg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 730 times
Bob Fernandez Form Waterbury Cycle Eng. Running His Big Twin Dragbike At Lebanon Valley In The Late 60's Early 70's Era 8-)
fastlane
King of the Hill

Postby DINO » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:40 pm

SPECTRO AD.jpg
SPECTRO AD.jpg (79.76 KiB) Viewed 702 times
SPECTRO ON BOARD to Back The Bikes !...Cool Spectro jacket-Trophy and Product! to the Winners....First Starter Goerge Hosford in 1961
Attachments
Old Bike.jpg
Old Bike.jpg (42.36 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Dino in ROCK 'n' ham
http://carolinasignworks.com
https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip
"Attention in the pits and other parts of your body"
DINO
Site Admin

Postby fastlane » Tue May 02, 2017 9:12 am

ATTENTION ! Adjustment to the Vintage Class Will Be as follows for a 1985 and earlier cutoff now. i have some participents interested who have old harleys that fell short / were just over the 1980 and earlier cutoff year with 1981 and up to 1985 model motorcycles that sent me inquirys and are interested in racing this year and this will also help increase our numbers for the class too in case we fall short of the 8 bike field as promised. sound good ? o.k. 8-) theres 4 1/2 months left before the race so times a wasting. and i need some breathing room / time for myself to do all this footwork and make phone calls send e mails etc like dino does :D
fastlane
King of the Hill

Postby fastlane » Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 am

rat pack ironhead.jpg
rat pack ironhead.jpg (75.14 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Another Vintage Dragbike Photo From Up At Lebanon Valley Dragway In The Late 60's Early 70's. Waterbury Harley-Davidsons Lettered Up Ford Tow Van And A Hippie Chick Sitting On A Sportster A/Dragster Class Dragbike. More Classic Cool Stuff 8-)
fastlane
King of the Hill

PreviousNext

Return to 9th ANNUAL DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2017