JUST FOUND HARRY LOEBER!!!!

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? JUST FOUND HARRY LOEBER!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    m-amp-m-speed-amp-custom

Harry “The BLUE GOOSE” THE Dover Strip Track announcer from 1961or2-1964 (he can’t remember) saw my ad in Mike Kelly’s Cruise News and called asking about Dover Dragstrip, if it was the same Dover that was in NY. We talked for at least 1 hour, it was SO COOL!! Calling Dino now to give him Harry’s number.
        More info soon!!
        Rich

john-sachs-sr
        Participant
            quote M & M Speed & Custom:

Harry “The BLUE GOOSE” THE Dover Strip Track announcer from 1961or2-1964 (he can’t remember) saw my ad in Mike Kelly’s Cruise News and called asking about Dover Dragstrip, if it was the same Dover that was in NY. We talked for at least 1 hour, it was SO COOL!! Calling Dino now to give him Harry’s number.
            More info soon!!
            Rich

Rich,
            PM me with Harry’s #.I’ll be at Bike Week 3-1 thru 3-6.Usually get to St. Augistine during the event. 😉
            John

dino
            Keymaster

Will be back at him today,…He’s got Hours of stories…John -Did it (#)

maso
                Participant

I remember his red Corvair with the custom scallopped paint job. I hope he’s got a picture of that to post here for me…!

dino
                    Keymaster

Maso ….Lookee here…Found a Blue one…Same guy ?

Re: History- Photo Search Request

dino
                        Keymaster

Talked the the “Goose” again today…All his cars were blue… thats his corvair alright, in the link I posted here in a prevoius reply.Before that he raced a ’60 Chevy-348 ,and after the corvair ,had a 63 Plymouth -383, then a Pontiac. Still has no computer,and will be going to his neighbor to check out the site. He’s also heading out to find a copy of Drag Racer with the Nostalgia Drags coverage.Told me he was at the first reunion in ’91,and again around 2004.Then moved to Maryland.Spends 6 months there and 6 months in Fla. Oh- he was a member of the Road Knights, out of Peekskill, and stays in touch with some of the old guys. Best Dover story was when Art Arfons lit up all the grass with his jet dragster and the Goose “Thought we’d loose everything”. Also remembers how Coppola disconnected his front shocks and crashed the car. I’m sending him some photos and he’s just astounded with all the Dover ‘revival” going on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.