Re: ISLAND DRAGWAY CLOSING FOR GOOD !!!!!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION ISLAND DRAGWAY CLOSING FOR GOOD !!!!! Re: ISLAND DRAGWAY CLOSING FOR GOOD !!!!!

dino
Keymaster

Drake got me thinking…first ..I’m Inviting Hank to guest announce at our Nostalgia Drags…we had such a great time manning the mics together at Island those two years..sharing and trading stories for the folks…He’s a true historian of northeast racing even before my introduction to it all ‘in ’67.Second …a little sewage in a creek is probably from the old Concession stand restrooms…That could be just eliminated by a little upgrade. Back taxes ….don’t know the liability there…will the potential new owner get stuck? don’t know…don’t know IF they’ll be a new owner…but ….a little research could uncover a possable remedy. Sounds like a Tax and EPA problem that might be too much for anyone to cover. Need more info. Maybe it will just become a bigger cabbage patch.Too many tracks have not been an investors choice to keep open when housing developement brings in more profit…ala New York National Speedway….or selling peatmoss and gravel compared to weekly track income (DOVER).