Re: Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends Re: Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

kman
Participant

^^^^ Frank hit the nail right on the head… I was in manufacturing (machinist) from 1964 to 2010 when i retired. i started on manual machines and ended with CNC. Got my ass kicked at times by the old school master machinists but developed the skills and prided myself on quality. Now fast forward to 1980 when i went to work for the DOD ( Department Of Defense ) .. Holy Mackeral what an eye opener… yeah.. Quality was talked about but rarely shown. Quantity was what it was all about. For the last 5 years there , it was my job to train both machinists and apprentices.. not an easy task… you had machinists who thought they knew it all and apprentices that basically didn’t want to learn shit. How half of them got hired i’ll never know. And so… like Frank said.. Politicians, Corporate Greed.. and now throw in Lazy Bastards that don’t give a shit. And… let me add that once hired by the government it almost takes an act of congress to get your ass fired… so.. you will be looking at the lazy ones for a long time and they usually make these people Supervisors.