Re: 55 E/G – New old ride

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING 55 E/G – New old ride Re: 55 E/G – New old ride

tomblake
Participant

The son-in-law, Denny, has been coming to this NC area for years and was our leader and guide this year. After the “Dragon” and the “Cherohala Skyway” it was hard to beat the riding in the mountains but the last day we rode the Blue Ridge Highway from the end, in Cherokee, to a couple of the highest elevations on the highway, over 6000′. Visiting some of the old towns in the mountains was also pretty neat.
      Than it was off to GA and 2 hours of riding a train in the mountains from Blue Ridge GA to McCaysville GA and back. The last stop was the Mercier Orchards for everything made with apples including donuts. Will be home Saturday and start my diet from all the good food along the way, did I mention my son Ronny and son-in-law Tony are also excellent cooks and we spent about three weeks with them.
      We did make it to FL Friday but will be back at home on Saturday to end this extremely fine “Old Drag Racers Endless Summer” (73 days of traveling)
      Will post some pictures after getting home and to a program for reducing the sizes to be able to post them.