GEORGE BRAZEE aka "LITTLE GIANT"

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING GEORGE BRAZEE aka "LITTLE GIANT"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

Hey
        This is what George Brazee owner driver of “The little Giant” and a junior fuel dragster drives these days!!

‘V’Bob

Attachments:

tomblake
        Participant

That’s a real neat ride. Looks like George still had some leftover orange paint from the little Giant. Nice.

storm-king

Glad to see he’s still at it. My family started at Dover when I was just nine. It’s interesting to think sometimes about why we are still so attracted to this (automotive) culture. It is so unique to have people who race, talk, show, etc, from so many different backgrounds, professions, levels of income, etc and all speak the same language. The reason I bring that up I suppose is that George Brazee, whoever the guys were with Bee-Line Automotive, etc; are the reason I still do this. Just like Big Daddy or the ‘Goose, or Zookeeper, and of course my big brother, those were my heros like Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris, and Whitey Ford or Yogi were to others. It’s why I still do this. Little Giant was the first good running altered that I saw, consistantly, so was Bee-Line the first fast gasser I saw. I may never meet those guys, but it doesn’t matter; they have all influenced my life and we all share a kindred spirit. That’s all the touchy-feely crap you’re getting out of me today.

vbob
                Participant

Hey
                    Cars, everybody had one!!
                    Not very many of us could run, throw, catch or hit a ball !!
                    Not many of us had the good looks either to get anywere!!
                    Ahhh, but car racing,yes, we could do the work ourselves and drive the piss out of it at the end of the day!!
                    No one gave two s—s what you looked like or how you dressed!!
                    Put your helmet on , strap in, fire her up and you too can be BIG ,Snake , Dyno or George Brazee!!

God bless them all !!

‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

Would Be SO cool If someone did a Little Giant Clone…In the big ODF galleries ,theres a few Croslies Run, by like Pressley and I saw one in Prime …plus I think V-Bob found a rusting hulk of one and it’s “someplace’ on the forum. Got the G-man (little G iant ) himself for all the details …and while I’m thinking of it “V-Bob” …what kind of Photo collection does George(G-Man) Have to borrow And Scan ?

vbob
                        Participant

Hey

Lots of kool stuff,runninat DDs and Indy Nats.

‘V’

dino
                            Keymaster

“V-Bob”….YOU said in a reply to the “Last Unofficial Run at Dover ” topic THAT NOW you’re fired up to build somethimg….With all the Talent in your area AND the actual original experts …here’s an idea …Pool your time and resources, just like the old Car Clubs did. Get the guys from Watertown Customs…Drag-n-Runs and anybody else …vince, Cy, Coleman and check the members locator map for possible team members…Many hands would “GEt-ur-Done “and form a ODF RACING TEAM to BUILD —–>THE LITTLE GIANT CLONE.

storm-king

I’ve judged every Crosley altered I’ve ever seen since “the Little Giant”, and never found one built just as right as that one. A clone or tribute would be the only way to build one. (Other than that I’d have to use a 340 Mopar in it and make some real H.P. 😆 )

john-sachs-sr
                                    Participant

Could never beat the steering boxes those little devils had.
                                        Made race car building easy in those days. 😉
                                        John

vbob
                                        Participant

Hey
                                            Found this under L up in the attic!!
                                            Taken at Indy!

‘V’

Attachments:

maso
                                            Participant
                                                quote storm king:

I’ve judged every Crosley altered I’ve ever seen since “the Little Giant”, and never found one built just as right as that one. A clone or tribute would be the only way to build one. (Other than that I’d have to use a 340 Mopar in it and make some real H.P. 😆 )

I can agree with that.

Somebody told me that Brazee’s “Little Giant” Crawsley body was made of fiberglass… Does anybody know if that is true. If that’s true then they must have found a way to fabricate it because I don’t think you could buy it. If that was a fabricated fiberglass body then those guys did a very fine job. Bobby Lagana made a fiberglass front end for the ’46 Plymouth that ran C/G at the same time as he painted it red… but it was not nicely done. It worked… but it was not pretty… to say the least. Bobby should have had the brothers make it for him…eh…?

Somebody who knows, please confirm for me if the “Little Giant” was fiberglass. My curiocity.

storm-king

I don’t know, but am pretty certain it was an all steel car. Someone knows George around here (by the way, is he going to be at the reunion?) so we should be able to find out pretty easy.
                                                    Lagana’s front end??? We STILL talk about that ugly thing today! It was “black arts” back then though, and that he tried to do one himself was couragous enough.

cullyflower

Maso The Little Giant appears to have the stock Crosley slide open side window. Also if they made a fiberglass body
                                                        they cut out the air vent in the side of the front end. It does appear that they trimmed off the bottom of the
                                                        body from the rear wheel back. That removes the notch in the center of the body that was there to remove the
                                                        spare tire.

tomblake
                                                        Participant

All this talk about fiberglass. If anyone asked me before this thread I would have said almost all the cars were steel back in the ’60’s including the Little Giant. Something I never noticed before this thread is the two different front ends on the Little Giant. The picture taken here from the driver side was on 7/03/66 . If someone asked me today I would say fiberglass, at least for the front end. Or maybe just more of the sheet metal was trimmed away. Perhaps one day George will answer the fiberglass vs steel question for us.

Attachments:

maso
                                                            Participant

Is that George in the white t-shirt…?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.