GET FRIDAY SEPT.4 issue-DANBURY NEWS-TIMES !

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION GET FRIDAY SEPT.4 issue-DANBURY NEWS-TIMES !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just Got The Issue Date of the Big Article in News-times (Danbury) about Reunion and Dover -Friday, SEPT.4 !.Intitled : “VROOOOM”.. It will be a large Feature with COLOR photos I supplied from our Galleries ,and a killer story by Brian Marasco …Staff feature reporter Linda Koonz did a great job of putting all the pieces together, including a quick interview with Paul Galvin . Will be curious to see which photos she picked ! Sent shots by Our ODF Photo Guys including Video Bob And Bobby S. along with Vintage Bill Cullen, and one of Dick Donofrio’s Aerials ! Last week they ran a story about Cruisin in the area ,and included quotes from Smokey & Grover with all the Reunion info..With all the exposure From Drag Racer Magazine , and this article ( Paper Circulation-33,000 ! ) ….Could be The best ever !…Get Me a Copy ! AND GET SOME TO BRIAN ! oh -just get a whole bunch … THEY ALREADY HAVE THE “TEXT” ON THEIR WEBSITE !:!
        http://www.newstimes.com/weekend/ci_13262932 looks like this:

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

BULLITEN : just in to ‘Dover Central’ here, From “dependable “Video -Bob”….on the road in Westchester…..As he made a fly-by in Danbury at 6 am , he’ll picked up numerous copies of the Paper. Artical is better than anticipated!… working title “Vroooom” changed to “Dover Dreams” …with Full color HALF PAGE top shot of Caroline Galvin sitting in her Dragster….Bobby S.photo. Then it has a shot of Tommy Day ,in the pits ,changing the slicks on his vette…and color shots used on PAGE 2 (yeah! page 2) of the article are: ‘Hellzapoppin”, “Richie Shott”, and “Wild Bill” Flynn. Get a Copy !.. get a piece of Dover History. That ought to get ’em out Sunday…History repeats itself…Dover WAS in NewsTimes for Opening day ad -July 14,1961…we have Proof!….SEE:

Attachments:

bobby-s

The News Times did an AWESOME article,
                a lil picture on front page, than front & rear page of B section

Caroline all smiles forsure

dino
                Keymaster

Video Bob stopped AGAIN on his return Trip Thru Danbury To Get some MORE copies…and already mailed me a bunch. He’s funny ! CHECK THIS OUT …IT”S IN THE CT.POST Too ! -Bridgeport…The Connecticut Post is a daily newspaper, serving southwestern Connecticut, around and including Bridgeport. Some of the towns in the Post’s circulation area include Derby, Easton, Fairfield, Milford, Monroe, Oxford, Redding, Seymour, Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull and Westport.
                    The paper has a weekday circulation of 85,168
                    -already got guys on forum that saw it there !) Another Hearst Paper , Like News-Times…they own most of the Ct.Newspapers. Who knows where else it is going to show up ? see:

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

Its 8 pm EST,do you know where your Sept.4th copy of Danbury, Ct. The News Times is ????????
                        I know where my stash is !!
                        OH,if youre haveing trouble finding a copy in the Danbury area its because I cleanedout several 7-11’s and most ,not all of the areas quickey marts!!!
                        Up in the attic they go to share the time capsual with all the other Dover Drag Strip treasures!!
                        OH, OH,See you Sunday and dont forget to smile for the birdie!
                        ‘V’

anonymous

HEY

New Milford area cleaned out..
                            I found 15 copies..
                            All Gone..

anonymous

HEY

If any ODF would like a copy for their Dover Collection I will send out to the first 13 requests free..
                                Send me a private message and include all mailing info..

dino
                                Keymaster

NOW THERES AN ODF ! Thanks Tommy. 😉 ..THATS the way it’s Supposed to be ! Dover guys Helping Dover Guys ! like in our Song:’ Dover Days’ . . . “Across the lane ,you’re the enemy, But need help in the pits, then you’re Family”…now if anybody can help me sort out how Social Security, early retirement, medicare, medicade, and how my Blue Cross works..let me know. Of course …by the Time I get it figured -Washington will screw it all up ..My accountant needs to re-evaluate my position.I turn 62 in Jan. 😆 . . . . .Family : IS A group or clan connected by a common origin as in Tribe or Race that protect each other from harm or threat ….hmmmmm …we be the “Track Tribe “

anonymous

HEY DINO..I tought that song was about me..Dover(Tommy)Day’s 😯
                                        uuuu sorry..couple lug nuts got loose 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.