In Memory of Lou Vignogna -Oct.8 2009

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION In Memory of Lou Vignogna -Oct.8 2009

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Pual C. posted this in another heading(Centolanzos)

NOT A GOOD DAY DOVER ALUMNI.

I know we were mentioning the Centalanzo’s and the Vignogna connection.
        Just got the bad news.
        Lou Vignogna passed away today. October 8, 2009.
        A tough battle with some physical ailments.

God Speed To You Lou.
        Great Mopar Man.
        Condolences to the Vignogna Family.
        Will See You Someday My Friend On The Starting Line, Lane 1..Tower Side

Louis George Vignogna
        05/12/1946 – 10/07/2009
        Obituary
        Louis George Vignongna, 63, a resident of Dutchess County since 1972, formerly of Mahopac, died at Vassar Brothers Medical Center in Poughkeepsie on Wednesday, October 7, 2009.
        Since 1979, he had owned and operated Fishkill Plains Garage in Wappingers Falls. Louis had a passion for drag racing and was a proud member of the NHRA.
        Born in the Bronx on May 12, 1946, Louis was son of the late George Vignogna and Carmella DeFillippis Vignogna who survives in Mahopac. On March 17, 1965, he married Christine R. Trainor. Mrs. Vignogna predeceased him on December 24, 2004.
        In addition to his mother, Louis is also survived by his daughter, Laura Carmella Faoro & her husband Tony of Walkersville, MD; his son, James Vignogna & his wife Angela of Hopewell Junction; his grandchildren, Jeremy, Effie, & Phoebe Faoro of Walkersville, MD and Ryan & Nicholas Vignogna of Hopewell Junction; his brothers, Raymond Vignogna & his wife Lorraine of Stormville, Jerry Vignogna of Carmel, and George Vignogna & his wife Barbara of North Salem; his sister, Donna Palmiero & her husband Michael of Holmes; also many nieces and nephews.
        Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday, October 9th at McHoul Funeral Home, Inc., 895 Route 82, Hopewell Junction. The funeral service will begin at 12 p.m. on Saturday at the funeral home.For Directions Click this: http://www.mchoulfuneralhome.com/directions.htm

Just talked to Jimi…Told him: WE WILL DEDICATE THE NOSTALGIA DRAGS TO LOU and present the family with a Plaque…Flowers being sent from “The Dover Guys’
        Jimi Sent This;
        “This is a picture of the last car me and my dad built for racing it is the 1997 dodge avenger “beauty car” this car was used for tv commercials and brochures, the car runs a 390 ci small block naturally aspirated at 2800#s runs low eight’s at over 160.00 mph, this is the car my dad made his first 8 second pass in , it always amazed him coming from the cars of the 60’s that a small block car could run in the eights in the quarter mile.”

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

HERES SOME OF LOU’S CARS ….Jimi was kind enough to Send …….We remember……

Attachments:

smokncobrajet

How sad.Louie had been battling health problems for quite a while.Rudy and I last saw him last year at one of our local cruises.He talked a lot about his wife who had passed away.I got the feeling he never got over losing her.We’ll be paying our respects tonight at McHouls.Louie only lived one town over from us and he graduated from Mahopac High,so did I.Everyone knew Louie.He was full of piss and vinegar!
                Sadly,June

gramdog1
                Participant

I worked with Lou in the mid 70’s at the Dodge-Fiat dealer in Peekskill. He had just opened his garage in Beacon at that time also. “Fat Louie” and I always had a blast, working or otherwise.
                    Kind of lost touch recently, but would stop to bench race(shoot the s–t) when in Duchess Co.
                    Louie, will miss you. Ron 😥

bobby-s

went to the afternoon service,
                        talked with Jerry, George & Ray
                        also Jimmy (Low son), was a tough time
                        we all had GREAT & funfull stories,
                        was even able to talk to Mrs. Vignogna
                        what a wonderfull mom,
                        the racers there will miss him,

he will be missed
                        Rest in Piece, Lou

vindicator
                        Participant

HEY ALL… THE VIGNOGNAS’ ARE ONE TRULY VERY SPECIAL FAMILY…LOU’S BROTHERS GEORGE,RAY JERRY, SON JIMI, NEPHEW AARON…MOM,SISTERS…WAY “PAST” THE RACIN’ STUFF…OF WHICH WE ALL KNOW…THEY ALL ARE INCREDIBLY TALANTED…LOU MOST OF ALL… OUR SINCEREST CONDOLANCES…WE’LL CARRY ON.. ONLY ‘CAUSE WE HAVE TO…BEING IN NORTH CAROLINA…GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH I MISS YOU ALL…WE LOVE YOU GUYS…& GALS…DRAKE VISCOME & FAMILY

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.