Looking for a Little Help…listen up guys

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Looking for a Little Help…listen up guys

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tptweet

Hey, guys 🙂 Anyone out there that still runs at Island dragway that would be willing to help an old guy who’s trying to get back into racing with some advice and answer some dumb questions?

dino
        Keymaster

I would like to think ….THAT’S what a Forum Like This IS ALL About!…No stupid questions ! ‘Attention In the Pits’ …OK Guys …fellow racer needs advice ! …Like the lyrics in our song “Dover Days “say —–>”In the other lane ,you’re the enemy…BUT back in the pits you are Family”..So fire the Questions out tptweet !

tptweet

I haven’t raced in a long time, just picked up a rule book and trying to decide which way to go and what i can build-Stock rules say you have to have a roll cage now and you can run wrinkle-walls up to 9 inches? Not sure if I want to go class or bracket, but after Dover, Island was my home, and they run brackets now. I went to their site, but where do i find all the rules I have to follow to build a bracket car? I want a street/strip car, like we all used to build, can you do pretty much anything and it just works on the dial-in? And when is it mandatory you have a roll cage?

dino
                Keymaster

NEED A NETO MEMBER TO chime in here with Their Rules-Schedule AND how their rules cross-over to “regular” track Bracket policies ……tptweet…your best bet might be to ‘Run with NETO”

tptweet

Yup, what I really need is the Island Dragway rule book-they gotta have rules, so they gotta have a book…lol

pauljbayarinas

😉 they’ll go by NHRA rules first thing to do is join NHRA they will send you a packet and the ALL IMPORTANT RULE BOOK then go to the races and see what class you think you would like to run and read the rule book also ask the TECH. GUY AT ISLAND AND WATCH THE CARS BEING INSPECTED SLOWER CARS NEED A HELMET/SFI SEAT BELTS/AND SOME BASIC SAFETY STUFF TO RUN the faster you go the tuffer the safety rules are basically welcome to the sight P.S. go to the island sight i think they will have some basic rules there to read most track sights do 🙂

tptweet

Hi Paul-thanks for the help, man 🙂 I already have a 2008 rule book-only one the local speed shop had-didnt realize Island used the super pro, pro, sportsman rules-but thats how it looks. Looks like the rules are alot easier for those bracket classes than class racing. It looks like I’d like to run a slower, streetable pro class so I can do some goodies to the car-sportsman seems a little more restrictive, and yet almost the same dial-in times? Been to the Island site alot, no e-mail I can find there, guess if I need to I’ll have to call them, see what I can do from there. I’m hopin’ there’s some ODF here that still races at Island, and can help me with all the new rules and fine points 🙂

maso
                                Participant
                                    ttracing

tptweet

Hi there I run at Island almost every weekend I can and I would be happy to ans any questions you have.

All the previous posts are good info I should be there next Sat as long as getting the motor back in the car goes well.

Bill

tptweet

Hey, Bill

Thanks for offering to help-sorry it took me so long to see you posted, was busy this week-sent you a PM

dino
                                            Keymaster

There ya go …..Racers helping Racers !……Hey ….Bring those bad-bays to the REUNION in Danbury for Race team “Debut”… wanna cram the lot with Dover Cars !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.