MOVE TO NORTH CAROLINA ?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION MOVE TO NORTH CAROLINA ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Many have mentioned the idea…Now in N.C. but not limited to(Can’t remember all)…ME, Roger Garren, Drake Viscome, Fred Rice,Tony Mone, Doug Walker, Frank Bondotti, and ? need to update the member locator map one of these days Can hook ya up with local info … Have ties with Chamber of Commerce that networks with other state Chambers. And can ‘research’ an area for you, with local input. Know plenty of racers who I can call, Who can fill me in on their town…Many times “its not how it appears” And Roger is in Real Eastate in the Greensboro area…He has some connections.

patina
        Participant

I’ll be the 2nd. poster. I’m starting the wheels turning to move to Boone NC. I need the skiing and the University within 30 min of me. And a building for 6 cars and complete shop.

Pat (soon to be North Carolinan)

mikey

Pat, where is Boone located, I mean what is it close to? Sounds like an older vacated Nascar type place would be perfect. Just figured I’d throw in my 2 cents worth. …………………..Mikey 😆

patina
                Participant

Thanks Mikey its in the NW corner of the state in the Great Smokey Mtns. gotta have skiing (snow)

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

All Nascar stuff located in Mooresville (where Drake Is ) or Concord-Charlotte Area. and Most not vacated OR small Or Cheap. Boone is up in the beautiful ‘Mountain ‘ area. N.C. Has 3 basic areas …Middle -Flat & down near me ‘sandhills’…the mountains or the coastal ‘Beach” areas. Trick is to locate in a cheap Rural County(Taxes,cost of living) NEXT to (quick -drivetime) – a Hi-buck County WITH all the bells & whistles.Stay Away from Charlotte-Mecklandburg, Raleigh ,Greensboro Or Fayetteville. Try Near The “kind’ of Area you want and search around surrounding counties. N.C. has 100 of them …all differant ‘Median’ Income levels that determine Taxes and what things cost (Real Estate-services -etc.) Like me …in the Sandhills…15% unemployment -cheap housing But 25 minutes up the road is Southern Pines -Pinehurst (Moore County) with all the Golf Course-Malls -movies -Stores-restaurants.Do this ‘near’ Wilmington Or Mountains.AND Drag Strips ALL over the place -mostly 1/8 mile. http://www.visitnc.com

patina
                        Participant

Golfing 🙄 I hate golfing 😆 same for sand and beaches 😛 Will have to get an entire hot rod community started if they ain’t around.

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

theres a ‘Cruisin’ website for N.C. forgot what it is …tons of Street Rods around and of course Drag Cars.

http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html#NC 21 drag strips …that enough?

Pat:>>>>> http://www.boonechamber.com/

Doug Walker can tell ya About Wilmingtion …Drake About Mooresville….Roger About Greensboro Fred about Raleigh

bossguy

And a “still” Pat!, With your culinary skills I’m sure you’ll have the best Moonshine at the 50th anniversary of Dover! 😆

john-sachs-sr
                                    Participant
                                        quote patina:

Golfing 🙄 I hate golfing 😆 same for sand and beaches 😛 Will have to get an entire hot rod community started if they ain’t around.

Pat

Our good friends live in Elk Park,about 20 miles south of Boone.Plenty of rod action,runs,and shops. 😉
                                        John

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.