Our Cool Steel Signs…Site Exclusive

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Our Cool Steel Signs…Site Exclusive

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

12 X 18 Real STEEL (not cheap flimsey ‘tin’) suitable for garage, den, office walls everywhere!. My trusty sidekick and computer guru-‘mechanic’ Ollie,(aka-papasmurf) ,worked in PhotoShop, retouching and editting the Original Danbury News-Times ad from 1961. I DID take some ‘artistic’ freedom, by adding and modifiying the original to include things left out and actually changed the photograph.The original one was just terrible. NOTE: The actual ‘Original’ version is in the Historical Photo Section. So …what do you think?. It’s all due to the submission of the archived original ad, submitted by Roger Garren. Only one known to exist ! ALSO PLANNING 2 more “signs”…another Metal and one actual ‘Distressed WOOD’ !
        This Image is copyright protected 2009 D.Lawrence. All rights reserved. No reproduction is permitted without express written permission of the artist. It is shown for entertainment and news only, and may not be reproduced. Steal our stuff, we get even…..legally….Image used by permission of News-Times ,with documentation ]

Attachments:

cyv

I think that looks pretty cool!

randy-fish

Man! That’s righteous!

dino
                Keymaster

Our Vintage “Grand Opening ” Sign is getting sales already …. Busy-Busy….remember ,all these things help us pay “the Freight’ for the site and the “Big Video”.So far so Good .

dino
                    Keymaster

Wonders never cease…Upon Viewing all the New Film footage we got back…There It is !…ANOTHER Front ENTRANCE DOVER Sign . THAT makes 3 😯 …The One I did thats got a Blue background (Black & White in our opening page that falls down)…Now This NEW layout (I FORGOT I DID IT ) With ORANGE Background ,spyed on film from Andy Kinash & Bobby Schlegel …Bobby says thats about 1970…Then the OTHER layout in 1975 New Milford Newspaper Article ! I SAY ALL THIS …’cause the next Tin Sign DESIGN was to be a replica of the entrance Sign ………………………..Which one ? thats the decision. AND we don’t have Real good shots of any ….So check your photo albums .

dino
                        Keymaster

As Video Bob would say: HOLY HOCKEY PUCK!….THE “Grand Opening TIN SIGNS have arrived ! THEY ARE JUST MORE THAN I EXPECTED !!! Real Rust..don’t know how they do that? the real 24 guage Steel “Tin Sign” even has the right feel-weight…pretty sturdy, not flimsy tin ….with rivited mounting holes already in the corners . it’s a great looking piece …so impressed. And signed & numbered By Me….for a true “limited Edition” collectors Item. TO ALL who ordered them ….. Dino

dino
                            Keymaster

A bunch sent out already ….Signed and numbered

Attachments:

patina
                                Participant

Cheez did you have to scare us with that WEIRDO look.
                                    Pat

Pat….I am smiling behind the Sign….and I am The Weirdo…..[edit-dino]

dino
                                    Keymaster

just had to reorder these bad boys ! Can’t keep ’em in stock! Will have Real soon. So be patient.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.