PHOTOS found that need YOUR input

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK PHOTOS found that need YOUR input

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

OK…So I got busy…Heres A bunch Of Photos NEED more Info On …First Is Tony Schorr’s GTO “A/FX” only found two shots at Dover …Put the word out and searched.Seems Tony is retired, and whatever address and # online are all outdated. I know – Icalled .”.Number Not In service.” Bottom photo is with different lettering at NYC show in files for Bob Synder ,V-Bob found.We contacted Walter Hasselman (from the area and that era)…He said this: “Tony Schorr had a shop just up the street from the corner of Central Ave. (Rt. 100) and Hartsdale Ave in Hartsdale NY. It was a service station for repairs with 3 bays, he also pumped gas. I saw Tony several years ago in a night club in White Plains It was just a brief hello and that was it. I haven’t seen him since. The shop he had is still their but it seems whoever is running it only does NYS inspections and detailing? No gas or repairs anymore. I drive by there almost every day. I’ll stop in and see what’s what.”THEN…Richie Carbone( runs a Rear engined dragster-Putnam Valley) messaged Me this:”
        I work for a gas station in Greenberg. The owner Eddy Ruiz bough that car. Put a big block Chevy in.” Than move to Florida to race it……” He know nothing after that.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Next up is This Car….Don’t have a clue And I WAS Announcing then Too ???? Duh.

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

More ‘Mystery Cars” to get the background on….a year before my time in the tower…(or when film was finally developed) thinking ’65

Attachments:

vbob
                Participant

HEY

The 62′ says above the drivers door on the roof Driver Bob ???????
                    Bobs Automotive ??????

‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

Thought Billy Mas. would know the dragster???

gramdog1
                        Participant

’62 Chevy maybe Bobby Moore out of Pittsfield, Ma. He had a ,62 Impala in ’64-65. ❓

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

On the 62 front fender ya think that says TINKER BELL ??????
                                DING DONG !!!

How bout ???? BALL !!!
                                ‘V’

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

ROXREC says how about “THUNDER BALL” for the 62 !!!!!!
                                    The James Bond movie same name was out in 1965!!!
                                    ‘V’

dino
                                    Keymaster

Confirmed by his son Robert Moore Jr. That is Bob Moore…Still around Too.

eddie-milano

I helped build that car. It lived in my Mothers driveway for awhile before we had the shop in Hartsdale.

My uncle had purchased the car and brought it to Florida.
                                            Anyone seeking info please contact me at
                                            edmilano@aol.com

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

Thanks Ed!!!!
                                                Where in Fla.?
                                                Any recent pics of the car to post?

‘V’

twostickmutt
                                                Participant

yup that’s bobby moore out of pittsfield,ma. i do belive he ran an 11.80 something with the bubbletop. that was his 2nd 409. first one was a black 62 ss A/stocker.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.