THE WALL

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION THE WALL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

THE WALL

Attachments:

don-kauer

V-Bob… ๐Ÿ™ Thank you for this article..I feel the same way….I’ll NEVER let go!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก My only regret is that I cannot go back and end some of those SCUMBAGS day’s early……….Thank you so much Bob for being there for us ………I’m 100% sure I speak for all of our ODF vets…….God Bless you my brother……Don…

don-kauer

Hey V……………See how many replies you got ๐Ÿ™ …Screw these assholes..No one really cares about our wall…They can all eat S***…………….. ๐Ÿ˜ก

action-rat

The American Veteran’s Traveling Tribute and Traveling Wall was at the North Haverhill Fairgrounds in New Hampshire May 20 thru 24’th. As you might know it is an 80% size replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington DC. It has the names of more than 58000 American Vietnam Veterans who died. There were differant ceremonies each of the five day’s of Honor and Respect. I found it to be a Magnificent Tribute to America’s Hero’s that gave All for Their Country and Our Freedom !!!

seabake
                    Participant

Hey Don, Read every word of V-Bob’s post, parts of it twice. I’m pretty sure a lot of others did too. Lost some good friends and acquaintances because of Vietnam, during and after. Not everybody is as vocal and outspoken as you. Because I and others didn’t respond with a post we can eat shit? ……..I don’t think that’s the way it works.

dino
                        Keymaster

Not everyone ‘needs’ to post a reply…Got almost 100 views so far…..the Wall has been covered before here, specifally at John Shimers ‘Running the Bridge “topic :
                            “For those Of you New to this Bridge Thing…John Shimer Does it every year in honor of “Little Frankie” on Veterans Day
                            Found this stiff from years past so ya don’thave wade through all the posts “:

http://thewall-usa.com/guest.asp?recid=1781

“Wall” website -under Frankies name …”See you at Dover” decal .Probably the only referance for a Vet there of Dover.Frankie and Rox would be taken to Dover By Smokey every Sunday,before they couild drive. Thats the connection, and Smokey had Azzarito as a sponsor on his Henry J gasser.Like so many other lost Dover “family”… we hope we don’t forget , by remembering them here.

Smokey Relates:
                            smokey-dragct ยป Wed Feb 03, 2010
                            I KNEW LITTLE FRANKIE SINCE HE WAS AROUND 9 YEARS OLD. THEN I MET HIS FRIEND JOHN. THEY WERE SOME PAIR GREAT KIDS.I TOOK LITTLE FRANKIE AND JOHN WITH ME ON SUNDAYS UP TO DOVER.I WORKED PART TIME MOSTLY IN THE WINTER FOR BIG FRANK AT AZZARITOS ESSO. I WAS THERE THE DAY THE MARINES CAME TO TELL HIM THAT HIS SON WAS MISSING IN ACTION.BIG FRANK WAS NEVER THE SAME AFTER THAT.SAD DAY FOR ALL. JOHN WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND HE HAS KEPT LITTLE FRANKIES MEMORY ALIVE ALL THESE YEARS.GOD BLESS YOU JOHN AND LITTLE FRANKIE.
                            SMOKEY

dino
                            Keymaster

A half size replica of The Wall will Be on display in Hastings On Hudson July 4 – 8 !

See all about it here:

http://www.themovingwall.org/

ricky-white
                                Participant
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

A half size replica of The Wall will Be on display in Hastings On Hudson July 4 – 8 !

See all about it here:

http://www.themovingwall.org/

Will be located at Draper Park. The corner of State Route 9 (Broadway) & Washington Av. Glade to see it is coming to Hastings. My brother and I are from Hastings, my brother Bill was over there For 13 months ten miles south of DMZ. He use to find and disable mines. Got hurt real bad when a truck he was in hit one. I was only 12 at the time, war ended by the time I got out of high school in 73. When he came home in 69 he build a 64 red corvette and ran B/G. Latter he started building street rods. Many of you my know him from Westchester Street Rod Assc. As Rocketman, chopped red 34 ford. I retireted from the Hastings PD in 2010 after 30 years of service. Our father was also from Hastings and spend five years over sea in WWII

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Want to thank you and your family for your service both in and out of the military. You ALL served in “war zones”!!
                                        I too was in Quang Tri Province on the DMZ 69-70. Combat Engineer on FSB “Fire Support Bases” on the DMZ!!Camp Carroll,C-2,A-4 !
                                        Thank you again for your service!
                                        Oh, usta make deliveries to a dye company right on the river in Hastings On The Hudson!
                                        ‘V’

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.