WESTCHESTER COUNTY CENTER AUTO SHOWS

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION WESTCHESTER COUNTY CENTER AUTO SHOWS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Hey fastlane, Back in the 60’s I had a nice Sporty and I got help from a guy on the Post Rd. going towards Stamford on the left…He had a Harley shop and his name was John..Great guy…….Ring a bell?………………Don……..

maso
        Participant

It is amazing to me that we still cannot come up with someone who might have pictures of any one of those Westchester County Center Hot Rod Shows events… I can’t believe it…!

My father exhibited his restored ’32 Ford Roadster there one year only because I bugged him to do it and I had a free admission card to go along with it. He was not a hot rodder but he did masterfull restorations on V-8 Fords from the 1930’s This is his ’32:

He also did a ’35 Convertable Sedan ( very rare):

Then he did a ’36 Phaeton and another ’32 Roadster. After that he did a ’36 Cord.

Some of my old buddies on this board have seen them.

fastlane
                quote donkauer:

Hey fastlane, Back in the 60’s I had a nice Sporty and I got help from a guy on the Post Rd. going towards Stamford on the left…He had a Harley shop and his name was John..Great guy…….Ring a bell?………………Don……..

coming in from the port chester n.y. side or from norwalk thru darien into stamford on the post road or as we know it as u.s.1 the only retail or harley-davidson shop back in the 60s was j.r. ransom cycle sales in riverside ct on the post road. nobody here in stamford had a custom bike or chopper shop until the later 60s .or anybody i can think of named john ?fastlane 😳

don-kauer

Riverside…….Yes…Onthe left coming from Greenwich….Ransom rings a bell … Older guy named Johnny…..Good Harley and Triumph Guy…..Don…

fastlane

quote donkauer:

Riverside…….Yes…Onthe left coming from Greenwich….Ransom rings a bell … Older guy named Johnny…..Good Harley and Triumph Guy…..Don…

i think you are referreing to johnny weigold . he was the triumph dealer before jim fenell took over the dealership they were right next door to each other both on the left side . this gotta be him . i now remember that he worked on and had some of the older harleys too. his brother in law is frankie wasco from the cove area . he had a bad ass xlch too. all chrome with a souped up motor built by ole r.b. robert blackson from greenwich down on hamilton ave near the arnolds bakey or coming in from portchester on the delavan ave side off exit 2 . chris fastlane .
                        😛

dino
                        Keymaster

MASO’s right…NOBODY took a camera ?

dino
                            Keymaster

Hey Les M.? being you’re a past President of Westchester Street Rods AND a photographer…Never went to County Center? Check with the other New Yowk Boys.

fastlane

HEY DINO YOU KNOW WHY PEOPLE RAN OFF TOO THE SHOWS. ESPECIALLY THE GUYS ANYWAY. IT WAS THE START OF WINTER COLD OUTSIDE THERE WERE NO MORE DRAGRACES GOING ON UP HERE IN THE NORTHEAST AND AT THE CAR SHOW THERE WAS COLD BEER RACE AND CUSTOM CARS CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES AND ALL THOSE LOVELY SHOW MODELS GIRL’S GIRL’S GIRLS 😀 WHEW WHEW ! TOO CHECK OUT INSIDE WHERE IT WAS WARM AND WE ALL HAD OUR FIRST TASTE OF CABIN FEVER BY THEN TOO. 😎 WHO WAS THINKING ABOUT BRINGING A CAMERA ????????? FASTLANE 😉

tommy-iorizzo

Found an old photo album

tommy-iorizzo

Bobby Lagana and my Dad

tommy-iorizzo

tommy-iorizzo

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Thanks Tom…went to it every year…stupid me ….didn’t take pictures.Got any idea what year it was?

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Hi Everybody…..Hope all is well and wanted to let you know Cheryl and I are doing okay. There is not a day that goes by that he is always in our thoughts and hearts. Fathers Day is approaching and I thought a nice gift to our Bill would be shaing these pictures I found of the Super Pumpkin at the Westchester County Car Show. I check out the Dover website every now and then…..feel free to post them if you like on the forum my gift to all the fathers and followers of the Super Pumpkin. Love you all….

Donna

…………looks like little Cheryl and Billy had his Dover Photos on display….[edit dino]

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Found this on the Riz’s facebook! Same Show! we keep connecting the dots .Bob…is that giant Trix cereal as ‘decoration?

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.