Dover flashbacks-wow!

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Dover flashbacks-wow!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rktman

I was just told about this site, this is a great idea. I was with the crew for Bobby Gallagher’s SS 63 Dodge, not to be confused with the 64 Dodge run by the Rickmans and Jay Broderick. The 63 never lost in SSA at Dover or stock eliminator as the Gramatan Dodge. In 64 I was with Rich Prokop’s crew and his 55 Chevy D gasser, I just saw an early picture of it on this site. I will try to find some later pictures. I saw Bill Casey’s post maybe he will remember my 60 Corvette, I traded my 2-4 barrel setup for a single AFB setup with him. A whole flood of names and memories are coming to me. More some other time. Long live the Dover Dragstrip Boys, Fondly, Richard Klatt

maso
        Participant

Hay… Richie Klatt…!!!

I remember you. My brother and I lived across the street from the Rickman Brothers. Ronnie checked in here too but didn’t post anything. Richard passed away last spring.

I have a video casette of some old film footage taken as a MoPar Dodge Division promo that shows a close up of you un-capping a header pipe on Bobby’s Dodge at Indy in 1963. Have you seen that too…?

Nutson has checked in here too, go see: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=169

billy-casey

Hi Richie; this is so great , yes i do remember that trade . I dont think you would do that today 😆 we lived AMERICAN GRAFFITY . Bill Casey

quote rktman:

I was just told about this site, this is a great idea. I was with the crew for Bobby Gallagher’s SS 63 Dodge, not to be confused with the 64 Dodge run by the Rickmans and Jay Broderick. The 63 never lost in SSA at Dover or stock eliminator as the Gramatan Dodge. In 64 I was with Rich Prokop’s crew and his 55 Chevy D gasser, I just saw an early picture of it on this site. I will try to find some later pictures. I saw Bill Casey’s post maybe he will remember my 60 Corvette, I traded my 2-4 barrel setup for a single AFB setup with him. A whole flood of names and memories are coming to me. More some other time. Long live the Dover Dragstrip Boys, Fondly, Richard Klatt
                maso
                Participant

Attn: Richie Klatt

These are still pictures that i have from an old MoPar promo film of the Indy Nationals in ’63. Enjoy.

Who’s THIS…???

storm-king

Are you saying that the Gramatan Dodge never lost in 1963, or that the 1963 Dodge of Gramatan never lost? We beat that car in 1964 the weekend after they set the record at Ceicil County. Benny Cardillo won at Dover anytime he showed up with his “Spit Fire” car. We ran Dover all through 1964 until September of ’65 when Bill got drafted, and had 52 SS/A and AA/SA trophies mostly from Dover, but a few of them are From Lebanon. We beat the Gramatan car, and the Art Drury car, many times, usually on a hole shot.

maso
                        Participant
                            quote storm king:

Are you saying that the Gramatan Dodge never lost in 1963, … We beat that car in 1964 the weekend after they set the record at Ceicil County… We beat the Gramatan car, and the Art Drury car, many times, usually on a hole shot.

Storm King…

Okay, there were two Gramatan Dodges. Richie Klatt was talking about the first one that you see in the picture. It was owned by Bobby Gallaghar. I know these guys well. The “Art Drury” car was owned and run by Jay Broderick.

Bobby Gallaghar was known to have a faster “trigger finger” than Jay Broderick so what you say does makes sence.

Go see:http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=169

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.