TERENZIO BROS.Gene & Vic Together Again!

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? TERENZIO BROS.Gene & Vic Together Again!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

………….Just in From Pete Maples At Dover Fest ,under way at Big Als- via cell phone.
        THE original TERENZIO BROS. Gene & Victor are BACK!…Under Construction is a New Top Alcohol Funny Car ….Chassis almost Done. Just like the good ole days…Gene at the Wheel….Vic maintaining it.. it’s now back in Ct. to mount the Body.Peter Maples will be Crewing on the car and helping out.
        Photo Slide Show of chassis build at Genes House On YouTube:

As Gene Relates:
        “Check out the new funny car chassis Victor and Me are building,
        We should be out This year, I spent 40 hours polishing the cromemoly
        before we started building it, Brad or KB, motor, 2005 Mustang carbon fiber
        body,from Hairy Glass It was an S&W kit, But we modified it to our thinking.
        It will have an A frame front end, Mark Williams rear end,
        The motor will be able to move back or froth 1″
        I’m going to get my license when its done.Trying for within the next 2 months
        Gene Terenzio Sr. ”
        ……They Last Ran together in around 1980 with the “Itallian Stallion” BB/FC
        …..could this be “Let It Fly 6” ?

Attachments:

hvy70ss
        Participant

WOW! Thats great to hear….Is this for nostalgia racing or NHRA Div 1 races? The body kinda looks like an early Vega style.

Bobby Smith

dino
            Keymaster

MUSTANG…They’ll run NHRA

pmbuick
                Participant

Hey Guy’s that picture is a Kenny Youngblood drawing from @ 1980 that was a Monza body that Marx Toys comissioned them to build, but they (Marx) went belly up before it was done. Gene ran that Monza as the Itallion Stallion BB/FC for a few years before he retired the first time.Victor liked the paint scheme and wants to use it on the 2013 Mustang. Thanks Peter Maple

dino
                    Keymaster

More photos from Gene:

dino
                        Keymaster

Yo…Peter…you’re In The Loop here…whats the latest?

pmbuick
                            Participant

Hey Dino and all of you ODF’s Vic and Gene are on the road to Florida right now to pick up the body. The chassis is for the most part done, the plumbing and wiring will follow mounting the body. I will keep you all in the loop as this unfolds. Thanks Peter

dino
                                Keymaster

Thanks Pete…That ought to be an interesting ride with both of them in the car together….’they be brain storming’ …The Itallian Stallions coming soon to a track near you….to let it fly…….

pmbuick
                                    Participant

Ok Guy’s I just left Victor’s and the chassis looks great and he started mounting the body. They sure aren’t wasting any time if they continue at this rate they could be running by June. I will keep you posted. Peter

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Peter, whats the latest on the new funny car?

‘V’

dino
                                            Keymaster

Yeah…was thinking the same thing…I PM’d Peter …hope he replies..if not I’ll Call Gene direct.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Drum roll please…been a year since we heard about the “Return of the Let It Fly” guys…So I called both Gene & Vic and Here we go…..Vic built the chassis and assembled the car…took it all apart to have it powder coated…Its Now reassembled as you’ll see in the photos. Plans are to run it in Top alcohol at National events and Division 1.They hope to make their first race in Charlotte in April…YOU KNOW I’ll Be There!. Vic stated his plans are to bomb Frank Manzo’s record ,since Manzo has retired. Vic’s the chassis man and Gene is the motor man. Bet ya didn’t know ,it was Gene how built Manzo’s first motors that got him famous. Gene also was the inventor AT DOVER of the first ‘slider’ clutches. He did it “By Foot” right at Dover and dropped his average ET’s way down. Then Crower got wind of the idea and went into production. FYI….The ‘Let It Fl’y car held the AA/A Mph record and the “Italian Way” held SEVEN national records. Can they break the record and Win at National Events…Just watch them Do It. Vic is checking his race dates and REALLY wants to Run at our Nostalgia Drags…..can you say “Were getting the band back together”. And Vic and Gene want to keep in touch so we’ll have plenty of Progress reports.Thats Genes New garage in the photos. He built it himself with No Help….. the ‘Italian way’

Attachments:

patina
                                                    Participant

Gene and Vic hope to see yous guys at the Div. 1 race at Lebanon Valley on June 13-15. Car is looking good. Also while we’re on the subject of new cars how’s the “Storm King” Dart coming along, will we see it at “Dover 6”

Pat

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Gene just fired it up for the first time yesterday..based in Penn. at his new garage at his house..Parts delays hampering completion. Also waiting for an overdue trailer on order. He’s going to make every effort to Bring the car! daughter Lacey coming too.He needs some ‘seat-time” and license runs …so if all goes as planned …the Ternezio Bros. will be On the track again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.