Re: STORM KING MEMORIES / BLACK ARROW Mysteries

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR STORM KING MEMORIES / BLACK ARROW Mysteries Re: STORM KING MEMORIES / BLACK ARROW Mysteries

storm-king

Well Dino, you and Drake are closer to Doc than we are these days! I talked to him a few years ago and he’s in N.C. also. His son Robbie was working on a Busch team as I recall. That’s Robbie crawling out of the window of the car in the photo gallery. He may be up near Moorsville. I’d love to hear from him again. I’m affraid I’ve lost his contact information.
      Last time we talked we were discussing how everyone always calls the ‘Arrow Jenkins car, a constant source of irritation to Doc. Grumnpy never owned it. Doc bought the car from Bud Faubel who delivered it to Jenkins shop to do the motor. But Doc’s name was the only one ever on the title until we bought it. Jenkins only drove it because Doc’s veteranarian business kept him from traveling to the distant events. I had talked to him about doing a magazine article about the true history of the car to set the record straight. Not for our family; whose time with the car was insignificant compared to the vitories it had earlier, but for Doc’s record.
      Doc was a good guy; his wife Helen was great too; great sense of humor, and always in good spirits when I saw her. A nice family; I was proud to know them.