Re: It’s SUNDAY OCT.19 …BUSY WEEKEND ! Check in

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION It’s SUNDAY OCT.19 …BUSY WEEKEND ! Check in Re: It’s SUNDAY OCT.19 …BUSY WEEKEND ! Check in

storm-king

Bill (Storm King 2) and I went to the Goodguys event at Beech Bend. Bunches of max wedge and hemi ’63, ’64, and ’65 mopars. Lotsa nice old gassers (now called “Geezer Gassers” when they are done just like back in the day)
      Also just a bunch of very nice street rods of all years and of course everything from rats to trailer queens. After sitting on the bleechers for an hour or so we decided we just aren’t spectators; so went home to work on our projects. I wanted to have my Dart a roller for this event, but ran out of time. This’ll be the last event of the year for us except for the NHRA World Finals in Pomona in a few weeks (well I guess that’ll be it for everybody by then).
      For anyone who love the atmoshere of drag strips the way they used to be, Beech Bend is the bomb! It’s like time warping back to the sixties, except they have pretty nice rest rooms for a drag strip and actually decent food.
      The bleechers on both sides of the track are covered, and you sit in old theater seats instead of just flat benches. You just have to go there to see what a neat place “The Bend” is!
      We want everybody here for the Hot Rod Reunion next year!