It’s SUNDAY OCT.19 …BUSY WEEKEND ! Check in

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION It’s SUNDAY OCT.19 …BUSY WEEKEND ! Check in

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Wow….Big weekend all around !…. Some our the ‘Crew’ still running at Lebanon Valley…The NETO GUYS that ran ATCO yesterday, probably still in Bed recooperating…Haven’t got the last run reports …car shows going on all over…it’s leaf raking time in the Northeast…. Just BUSY time ! I just got the chance to Check -in myself…Bob Swanson -‘Alley-Opp”, Just sent (with the help of computer -wiz daughter Erica) A TON of awesome Vintage photos …!Iv’e been drooling to get and DRAKE sent his latest Vindicator installment …so I have MY work cut out…. check out the T-shirt contest and watch for my posts Later…. WHAT Are YOU up TO ? ………..Dino

dino
        Keymaster

ok …nobody home ? didn’t even get round 2 or 3 results from atco? 😥 gesh!

storm-king

Bill (Storm King 2) and I went to the Goodguys event at Beech Bend. Bunches of max wedge and hemi ’63, ’64, and ’65 mopars. Lotsa nice old gassers (now called “Geezer Gassers” when they are done just like back in the day)
                Also just a bunch of very nice street rods of all years and of course everything from rats to trailer queens. After sitting on the bleechers for an hour or so we decided we just aren’t spectators; so went home to work on our projects. I wanted to have my Dart a roller for this event, but ran out of time. This’ll be the last event of the year for us except for the NHRA World Finals in Pomona in a few weeks (well I guess that’ll be it for everybody by then).
                For anyone who love the atmoshere of drag strips the way they used to be, Beech Bend is the bomb! It’s like time warping back to the sixties, except they have pretty nice rest rooms for a drag strip and actually decent food.
                The bleechers on both sides of the track are covered, and you sit in old theater seats instead of just flat benches. You just have to go there to see what a neat place “The Bend” is!
                We want everybody here for the Hot Rod Reunion next year!

dino
                Keymaster

Did you guys “happen” to take a Camera?….

dino
                    Keymaster

WATCH FOR CHANGES TO OUR HISTORY PAGE…Got all the cool early 60’s photos from Bob Swanson ready to go !

34gasser-65awb

Dino, here’s the round 2 and 3 results from Atco on Saturday:

SLIPPERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody ranged from having a little trouble hooking to flat-out blowing off the slicks. There was atleast a few people that were quite unhappy with the track prep/maintenance for the day.

[edit-dino: Video Bob told me …Red Baron Hooked up better with Stickyer tires for holeshots and won 2&3 …Paul opting for New Tires with other wheels ,Nostalgia Style Wheels wrong size for “Gumball compound “…Bad track Didn’t help situation !]

masracingtd1167
                            Participant

Mas racing checking in .Went to lebanon valley for 2 top dragster races.My son BJ finally got his first win on saturday.and got down to 4cars on sunday.He’s been working realy hard on his driving the top end of the track and it’s starting to pay off.On sunday I got to see my old pal Digger Dave that realy made my day. Were going to Maple Grove this weekend with BJ’S car and Billy Griffins car. Were going to try to get the record back in C/EA . About the Atco thing usualy Atco is fantastic very surprising that it was bad.

anonymous

it was a super weekend at the valley, old friend billy masiello and his son were there. billy is just as nice as ever, good friends are hard to find. loved watching his son race, he has a good teacher. by the way billy our new dragster will be delivered on nov. 1

bob-lasko
                                    Participant

Digger,
                                        You getting back into racing again after all these years???? lets see some photos if you are.
                                        Bob Lasko
                                        SS/CS

dino
                                        Keymaster

WHAT ! Digger !!!you ordered a Dragster !!! 😯 …and you didn’t tell ME ??? Built by WHO ?
                                            you better get or ship that body to me for Paint …if I have to drive there & get it …your’e in deep do-do………………………wait a minite …Is he putting us on? 😎

anonymous

it is a 225 in c &f chassis it will be delivered nov 1. who else would letter it dino

dino
                                                Keymaster

Fill us in Dave ….AT CURRENT PROJECTS…FED ? MOTOR ? never heard of that Chassis Co.

billy-casey

C@F is Charlie and Fred Bouer … Charlie ran a fuel dragster at dover back in the 60’s then went to alcahol very successfully … believe me , they build a very good race car… Billy

dino
                                                        Keymaster

HE DID !!! i’m Calling Him !! OH …just Talked to DIGGER on the Ship to Shore…Snow in his part of the world ! ..Car is full bodied Rear Engine …He can’t decide between injected small block or HEMI , will switch off driving with his son …who’s out scouting a trailer while Dave builds addition on his garage. If this keeps up ,you guys in the northeast can start a new ciurcut: THE DOVER OLD FART CUIRCUT ! Best two out of three gets a case of Geritol 😯

anonymous

this is the only pic i have dino, more when car is delivered

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.