Re: THE NEW YAWK BOYZ /and Ct. guys Racin on THE STREETS

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST THE NEW YAWK BOYZ /and Ct. guys Racin on THE STREETS Re: THE NEW YAWK BOYZ /and Ct. guys Racin on THE STREETS

bossguy

I remember the guys from Pelham Speed, they would come over to Charlie Castaldos shop and chat with Rick Rickman. I was told they were regulars on the Hutch. I used to go out to Connecting highway to watch or participate. The funny part is that I was in the Coast Guard Reserve at Ft Totten in Queens, my reserve unit was about 95% cops and firemen including one from Highway 1 and 2 from Highway 3. We were driving down to Governors Island for something and I was dozing in the back seat. Hwy 1 was riding shotgun. I glanced up as we got on the Connecting Hwy and I absent mindedly stated,”Oh connecting Highway, I used to come out here street racing”. With that Hwy 1 spins around in his seat and grabs me by my lapels, screaming,”How many times did I chase You”! Then he started laughing and telling me about his encounters with street racers on the Hutch. Lots of funny stories.