Re: Dick Moroso Memorial Nostalgia Race

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dick Moroso Memorial Nostalgia Race Re: Dick Moroso Memorial Nostalgia Race

maso
Participant
      quote :

How’d you guys Do …need a report AND photos !!!

Well… The Moroso Speedway is now the Palm Beach International Raceway and it looks like they have spent a lot of money getting that place fixed up.

Mark my words… that place is seriously on the up and up. You’re going to be reading a lot about it in the future. Here’s what they have going for them. One… it’s still a 1320 foot track. Because these tracks in Florida have long shut down areas because we have so much flat land. Two… it’s all concrete…! Three… all new state of the art timing and display system.

Word has it that the new track owners are lobbying the NHRA for a Nationals event and that’s really big. Frankly, I wonder if they have enough pit area for that, maybe, we’ll see.

I connected with JJ (Maxwedge) and he showed me his scrapbook of old pictures. The Blair Speed Shop car looked like this through the lens of my camera today:

There was an air show happening somewhere neer by and the fighter jets kept passing by doing knife edge passes everywhere all day.

Garlits was there with his No. 6 Swamp Rat. I bought a book and a video DVD. Pat was there with her Yorkies. I met T.C. Lemmons and we had some very enjoyable conversation. Darryl Gwynn was there in his chair also.

Some guy in the tower late this afternoon said over the system that he was an old DDS guy and had the t-shirt on, but I didn’t catch his name.