Dick Moroso Memorial Nostalgia Race

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dick Moroso Memorial Nostalgia Race

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

Will any of the “Old Dover Farts” be attanding the Dick Moroso Memorial Nostalgia Race on november 9th…? at The newly renovated Moroso Speedway in South Florida…???

Go see: http://racemoroso.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=68&Itemid=94

I know that there are quite a few of us here in South Florida. Maybe we could stage a mini reunion of sorts and that’s cirtanly an appropriate place for it. Billy Lagana is supposed to be down here this way but I guess he’s not active very much anymore.

No. 6 Swamp Rat will be there. I don’t know if they will crank it up or not.

Attn: Dino

Your buddies from the “The Southern Slingshots” are gonna’ be a part of this. Maybe you could tag a long too. Just a thought. I know Ed and Tami a little. Nice people.

dino
        Keymaster

As you ODF members get to connect & know each other …Start planning” Meet & Greets”, at events in your specific areas like Maso informed here. Just use the forum to organize time place ,event. WE are hoping the site will provide a common meeting place to “reconnect’ and do just this kind of service. Over the years ,everybody has scattered and already we’re seeing guys finding guys.

maso
            Participant

BUMP…BUMP…BUMP…

Does anybody want to give this some consideration…???

Go see: http://racemoroso.com/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=161&extmode=view&extid=542

maso
                Participant

Well…

The time is opon us now and it doesn’t look like there is very much interest in this.

Anyway…

I will be there with my favorite baseball cap on. The one that is embroidered with FAMOSO Raceway – Bakersfield” on it. Maroon color with a light tan visor. If you see that… say “hello”…!!!

maxwedge
                    Participant

Maso,

Look foward to meeting you at the Moroso Memorial Event.

We are bringing the Original Blair’s Speed Shop ’62 413 Max Wedge Dodge as it looked in the day!

Also a ’65 Coronet A990 hemi car and a ’65 Belvedere injected hemi altered wheelbase car.

Look for us at the static display area, wherever that is.

I only raced at Dover a few times (1966-1970), and lived in Harrison but the memories remain.

I’ll bring some Dover photos with me.

Blessings,

JJ (maxwedge)

maso
                        Participant
                            quote maxwedge:

Maso,

Look foward to meeting you at the Moroso Memorial Event.

We are bringing the Original Blair’s Speed Shop ’62 413 Max Wedge Dodge as it looked in the day!

Also a ’65 Coronet A990 hemi car and a ’65 Belvedere injected hemi altered wheelbase car.

Look for us at the static display area, wherever that is.

I only raced at Dover a few times (1966-1970), and lived in Harrison but the memories remain.

I’ll bring some Dover photos with me.

Blessings,

JJ (maxwedge)

Well… Post a picture here so I know what to look for. If you don’t know how to post a picture,

Click here—> http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=488&p=2171#p2171

dino
                            Keymaster

How’d you guys Do …need a report AND photos !!! :mrgreen:

maso
                                Participant
                                    quote :

How’d you guys Do …need a report AND photos !!!

Well… The Moroso Speedway is now the Palm Beach International Raceway and it looks like they have spent a lot of money getting that place fixed up.

Mark my words… that place is seriously on the up and up. You’re going to be reading a lot about it in the future. Here’s what they have going for them. One… it’s still a 1320 foot track. Because these tracks in Florida have long shut down areas because we have so much flat land. Two… it’s all concrete…! Three… all new state of the art timing and display system.

Word has it that the new track owners are lobbying the NHRA for a Nationals event and that’s really big. Frankly, I wonder if they have enough pit area for that, maybe, we’ll see.

I connected with JJ (Maxwedge) and he showed me his scrapbook of old pictures. The Blair Speed Shop car looked like this through the lens of my camera today:

There was an air show happening somewhere neer by and the fighter jets kept passing by doing knife edge passes everywhere all day.

Garlits was there with his No. 6 Swamp Rat. I bought a book and a video DVD. Pat was there with her Yorkies. I met T.C. Lemmons and we had some very enjoyable conversation. Darryl Gwynn was there in his chair also.

Some guy in the tower late this afternoon said over the system that he was an old DDS guy and had the t-shirt on, but I didn’t catch his name.

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

…AND photos !!! :mrgreen:
                                        maso
                                        Participant
                                            maxwedge
                                            Participant

Great day, Maso is spot on in his observations.

More Palm Beach International pics, nice meeting you Maso.

JJ

Attachments:

maxwedge
                                                Participant

Three more……

Attachments:

maso
                                                    Participant

Take a good look down the track…

That is 1320 not 1000 feet of concrete surface with pleanty of shut off area beyond. Where do you find that today. That’s why I say this track has a real future. Mark my words…

dino
                                                        Keymaster

How do ya like that …Two Forum members get together THROUGH the forum and send us some great photo results from an Event Named for one of Dover’s Legends ,Dick Moroso ,1200 miles away from how it all started …Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about !

maxwedge
                                                            Participant

Dino,

That ain’t all.

That Brothers Two ’57 Ford was driven by Joseph Gerardi the original owner of “Turn Me ON” from Mamaroneck or New Rochelle. He lives down here now.

In the day that thing had a 406 tri power and he and his brother were tough to beat.

I have forwarded the contact info for this site to Joe.

Don’t be too surprised if you get a few more members out of the deal, he mentioned folks to me that raced DDS in the past and would be interested in a forum like this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.