Re: Division 1

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Division 1 Re: Division 1

gene-terenzio-sr
Participant
      quote cullyflower:

quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

quote cullyflower:

quote Gene Terenzio Sr.:

Any one on this site have any pictures of my crash In the Let It Fly AA/A at Maple Grove 1972 Div. 1 points meet?

Gene Try Carl Rubrecht he was track photographer at Maple Grove. papokerman@comcast.net He has thousands of pictures from Maple Grove,
      Cecil County, Numedia, Pocono Drag Lodge and more.

While on the topic of altered crashes of cars from ct. at maple grove does anyone know who crashed the blue AA/A at maple grove? Not sure of
      the year but got out of shape off of the line and turned right about 330 ft. hit and flipped, caught fire. Was from a speed shop in Groton,Ct.

That was me, Groton tire and speed was our sponsor, they painted the car blue, and we went to the points meet and i crashed, the reason, they didn’t allow comp cars to do burn outs over the starting line, and the top gas cars ran right in front of us , there was water be for the starting line and i try-ed to go around it but one tire got into the water , when i left the line the car went sideways, , i lifted, i tough i had it straitened out, i hit it again and every thing went in slow motion, and it jumped the Gard rail and flipped over and slid down the guardrail, ruptured the fuel tank, caught on fire, ( i saw Satan ) wen it came to a stop my left hand was caught under the steering wheel and the ground, i riped my hand out and cut my middle finger, and i still have the finger to remind me of what happened that day, I’ll never forget it.

Gene I never took photos of crashes just a bad karma thing with me. Witnessing your crash with the car catching on fire it could have been a lot worse. The one thing I remember is that the car had barely stopped and a guy in the pits jumped the fence with a fire extinguisher dashed across the track and put out the fire.

That was Mike Kosky, I have seen pictures of the crash in Drag Times mag. one picture, you can see me out of the car before Mike got to it, I ran so fast I was over the guardrail on the other side of the track be for he got to the car, I sat down in the grass and my legs felt like 2 500 lb.weights and i couldn’t get up.