Re: STORM KING MEMORIES / BLACK ARROW Mysteries

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR STORM KING MEMORIES / BLACK ARROW Mysteries Re: STORM KING MEMORIES / BLACK ARROW Mysteries

hemi65blackarrow

What remains of the BlackArrow, built by Bill Smrtic, is in my possession and has been for 25 years. I bought the car from the Helmick Brothers in Ohio, at this point it had the dana that the other member referred to. At the time I bought it, it was being raced as a SS/BA. I bought it less the motor and tranny. I had been racing my 1969 Road Runner at Connecticut Dragway which closed two weeks after purchasing the Arrow. I had plans on racing SS/BA, it wouldn’t certify in the condition that it was in. I had the car completely updated to run Super Stock. I purchased a completely built aluminum head hemi with intentions to go racing. My plans on racing were cut short by marriage. Ever since its purchase it has resided inside a closed garage, and dreams of racing it are still alive. I would enjoy hearing from Bill Smrtic. I have talked to Freddy Murphy on numerous occasions, he has filled me in on the early years of racing with Doc and all the different tracks they raced at and all the famous cars they competed against. I recently purchased the original Hilborns from the Arrow that were on a shelf in his shop since they were removed from the car. Fred Murphy also gave me quite a few pictures of him and Doc with the car. I would like to hear from anyone who has information on the car, since my purchase I have talked to 5 of the previous owners. Also talked to Marco Decarsis (or how ever you spell his last name) who was at York US 30 reunion with the tribute car.