Re: WOODSTOCK ’69 …DID DOVER RUN SAME DAY?

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION WOODSTOCK ’69 …Did Dover Run Same Day?-SOLVED Re: WOODSTOCK ’69 …DID DOVER RUN SAME DAY?

dover1320

Hey it’s me, Brian with some info from Aug 16 1969 thats Saturday well after a day and half of peace love and music, the Who came on approx 230 am, doing the whole Tommy set and others, which included Abby Hoffman getting on stage saying free John Sinclair . Then Pete Townshend hits Abby with guitar to get him off the stage. They go off stage as the sun comes up, approx. 6am, then 8am Jefferson Airplain comes on for an hour, then from 10 am to 130 pm it rains. Which you see and hear in the film when announcer says “hold on to your neighbor” , there werehigh winds and rain. Then at 2pm Joe Cocker came on ,the sun came out ,and the show went into monday because of rain. I collect all 69 woodstock stuff and have all performances that never been seen b4 . Hendrix closed the show and was paid 36,000 for his set . The site which the stage sat on was 600 acre’s, Dover was 300 acre’s.And I’m pretty sure Dover was a wash out. More when I can confirm . Brian The HISTORIAN Marasco .