WOODSTOCK ’69 …Did Dover Run Same Day?-SOLVED

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION WOODSTOCK ’69 …Did Dover Run Same Day?-SOLVED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Always wanted to compare what happened Aug.17 1969, between Dover and the Woodstock concert. Figure this…Woodstock started Fri. Aug.15. …Nonstop hippie heaven , ran into Monday. It was only about 80 miles away ,But It rained Sunday ,about 10Am. on the concert. The Clouds burst and thats all seen in the movie. Thunder, lightning, wind …the ‘Flower Kids” running for cover,etc. NOW Who can tell us what was going on at Dover? Did we just ‘Call it’, not open, open and then wait for it to clear? Two “cultures” going on at same time. Need to see some Race Results newspapers from that week. Drag Times, Eastern Drag News, or something?

maso
        Participant
            quote dinotheweirdo:

…and the Woodstock concert. Figure this…Woodstock started Fri. Aug.15. …Nonstop hippie heaven …

I was there…!!!

😆

edit-dino: Where??? Woodstock Or Dover.. :mrgreen:

dover1320

Hey it’s me, Brian with some info from Aug 16 1969 thats Saturday well after a day and half of peace love and music, the Who came on approx 230 am, doing the whole Tommy set and others, which included Abby Hoffman getting on stage saying free John Sinclair . Then Pete Townshend hits Abby with guitar to get him off the stage. They go off stage as the sun comes up, approx. 6am, then 8am Jefferson Airplain comes on for an hour, then from 10 am to 130 pm it rains. Which you see and hear in the film when announcer says “hold on to your neighbor” , there werehigh winds and rain. Then at 2pm Joe Cocker came on ,the sun came out ,and the show went into monday because of rain. I collect all 69 woodstock stuff and have all performances that never been seen b4 . Hendrix closed the show and was paid 36,000 for his set . The site which the stage sat on was 600 acre’s, Dover was 300 acre’s.And I’m pretty sure Dover was a wash out. More when I can confirm . Brian The HISTORIAN Marasco .

maso
                Participant
                    quote Maso:

quote dinotheweirdo:

…and the Woodstock concert. Figure this…Woodstock started Fri. Aug.15. …Nonstop hippie heaven …

I was there…!!!

😆

edit-dino: Where??? Woodstock Or Dover.. :mrgreen:

I was at the Woodstock fiasco… got wet and muddy…

vbob
                    Participant

Sorry, I can’t help with this I was studying at UV, “University of Vietnam” LOL!

‘Video Bob’

anthony-terenzio
                            quote video Bob:

Sorry, I can’t help with this I was studying at UV, “University of Vietnam” LOL!

‘Video Bob’

Thank you for your service, Anthony

anonymous

your my hero anthony

patina
                                Participant

Video Bob and Digger Dave count me as one of your brothers. I was severely wounded at LZ Becky on Aug. 12 1969 while serving with the 1st. Cav in Viet Nam. We raced at Dover between 62 and 65 those were my “Woodstock Days” I’ve always been a motorhead. My brother and I made the reunion last Sunday, traded some stories and pictures. Hoping to have the MG at the reunion next year where ever it is.

Pat DiStefano (Pit Kid on 321 BM/SP MG)

vbob
                                    Participant

Some gave all,all gave some!!!!!!!

USA!!! USA!!!USA!!!!

Sp4 Bartkus US ARMY RA 68106189
                                        On the left 20 years old 1969
                                        Quang Tri,Northern I Corps.12 months along the DMZ, F.S.B. (fire support base) Camp Carroll, A-4 ,C-2, Rock pile, LZ Shamrock and others!
                                        A drag racer before and still a drag racer now!!
                                        Thank you GOD !!!!
                                        Enough is enough!!
                                        the end
                                        ‘Video’ Bob

Attachments:

billy-casey

it rained that day … i don’t think they even ran time trials … Billy

storm-king

Cool, we can put this one to bed!

dover1320

I just sold the only complete sets of the concert to the museum at the site of the woodstock site. It was 88 miles from Dover my father was there and has pics.

vbob
                                                    Participant

Hey

Brian, hope ya got good $$ so you can get the Goat runnin strong!!

‘V’

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Just GOT CONFIRMATION : WE DID RUN SAME DAY …must have waited out the rain In the morning for it to clear.Brian just back from Shott’s and has “In his Hand” …Photo of “Shottgun Express” doing burn-out with Terry O’Shea’s original handwriting on back saying ….”Won Top Eliminator Aug.17 1969 – ran 7:87 191mph”….to even further confirm…need DRAG TIMES issue that Has Dover results for That date. Brian’s on it …has two sources now for Old Drag Times…should get in a week or two.

paul-ceasrine

Dover had to be open that day.
                                                                I was at Shea Stadium that Sunday, watching the Mets and the San Diego Padres play a double-header.
                                                                It may have rained upstate, but not in lower New York.
                                                                Of course when I mean upstate, I mean upstate.

Watch out for the blue acid 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.