Re: NED 1

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION NED 1 Re: NED 1

dino
Keymaster

Yes …You have a good Memory!. The ‘interlocked’ NED lettering was first seen on the 1969 North East Division Annual Program Cover, I Illustrated. It is still in use today. Did it for Division Director ,Darwin Doll. Got a whopping $25., BUT a kid of 21 ,getting an NHRA check was a thrill. Did other Logo work after that, like the SuperStock Magazine SuperStock Nationals logo for Race at N.Y. National Speedway.They used it on the magazine cover, pit passes and decals, and I don’t have any samples and can’t find it anywhere. It had 4 vertical bars of color behind Lettering. WE did other local logo work at that time for speed shops. Like D&D Performance, Tony Chickery automotive, Don Scinto Automotive, Murphy’s Speed & Custom, The Autombile Shop, B&R speed Specialties and others. Back to the Program….Many dover regulars pictured inside: Richie Shott, Ralph Ridgeway’s ’55, Adam’s Service Station B/A ,Joe Kenneys ’62 Dodge, Bob Egloff’s M/P Wagon ‘Dutch Boys’. Jogged my memory. Glad I keep a copy! Oh… Terry O’Shea supplied many of the Photos!

Attachments: