NED 1

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION NED 1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Dino
        if memory serves me right 😮
        wasn’t this your design 😳

wondering minds want to know 🙄

bobby s.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Yes …You have a good Memory!. The ‘interlocked’ NED lettering was first seen on the 1969 North East Division Annual Program Cover, I Illustrated. It is still in use today. Did it for Division Director ,Darwin Doll. Got a whopping $25., BUT a kid of 21 ,getting an NHRA check was a thrill. Did other Logo work after that, like the SuperStock Magazine SuperStock Nationals logo for Race at N.Y. National Speedway.They used it on the magazine cover, pit passes and decals, and I don’t have any samples and can’t find it anywhere. It had 4 vertical bars of color behind Lettering. WE did other local logo work at that time for speed shops. Like D&D Performance, Tony Chickery automotive, Don Scinto Automotive, Murphy’s Speed & Custom, The Autombile Shop, B&R speed Specialties and others. Back to the Program….Many dover regulars pictured inside: Richie Shott, Ralph Ridgeway’s ’55, Adam’s Service Station B/A ,Joe Kenneys ’62 Dodge, Bob Egloff’s M/P Wagon ‘Dutch Boys’. Jogged my memory. Glad I keep a copy! Oh… Terry O’Shea supplied many of the Photos!

Attachments:

bobby-s

U THE MAN for sure 😎
                check out the site for Beaver Springs Dragway,
                the host track for the annual York,Pa reunion drag race every year,
                Darwin and all the origianls from the good old days
                are there every year check the site to see the list that was there this year
                her is the link for anyone who does not have it,,

Beaver News

everyone from this area says it’s like being at Dover,

Numida Drag way in PA, is so much Dover style.

thanks again for everything,
                past, present & future

bobby s.

dino
                Keymaster

Just contacted Al PetersJr. who SAVED all the logo decals I designed mentioned previously and is sending ! I’ll post when I get

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.