1957 Buick with Dover history?

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 1957 Buick with Dover history?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    35joe
    Participant

Does anyone know of this car? The previous owner clams it was a Dover Drag Strip race car. Barnfinds.com did an article about the need to preserve her.
        It was after I purchased the engine that I found out the story. See pics and please help.

Attachments:

patina
        Participant

I never seen it before, did you buy the engine out of it? Where are you and the car located? How recent are those pictures?

Pat

dino
            Keymaster

looks like a mid 60’s version …gauges …I’ll check the Galleries…is that a cassette player ?

35joe
                Participant

The car was in Pennsylvania. I bought the engine 2 weeks ago. The car was sold already. I am on Long Island N.Y.
                    Thanks for looking. I plan on preserving the engine. The car looked so cool!

patina
                    Participant

Where on LI?

Pat

35joe
                        Participant

Not sure why you are asking. Ronkonkoma.

patina
                            Participant

I lived on LI from Syosset to E. Northport. My cousin lived in Ronkonkoma, I still have a lot of friends there. My motor is at Jack Merkals right now, I’m picking it up Monday.

Pat

35joe
                                Participant

Jack Merkel has been there for many years! Hope it worked out well for you. His wait time was extensive so I went to Ace Crankshafts in Deer Park for the magnaflux process. Thanks.

35joe
                                    Participant

The engine turns out to be the smaller stepchild of the 300hp Roadmaster. She does have 1961-66 – 401 heads. Tear down could not have gone better. Every nut and bolt were removed with ease. Cylinders only in need of .0020 over. Cam, crank, and all else cleaned up well.
                                        The only thing I found that could have parked her was in the oil pump. The pick up extension inside dislodged and wedged itself restricting oil flow/pressure.
                                        Hopefully she will be awake and running by Spring.

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Nice, real nice ❗ ❗ Looking forward to seeing your progress. Thanks
                                            for sharing.

Frank… 😎

patina
                                            Participant

So how many cu. in. is it?

Pat

babycakes
                                                Participant

Like Pat,I gotta question also? What’s it going into,as far as the body, another Buick? Just curious??? 🙄 Pete.

35joe
                                                    Participant

She is the 364. Started on the heads. Evolution Engine in Amityville said they are 401 heads that were ported. Gino is adding some of his experience to them. Plus upgraded valve springs to help the new Schneider cam sing? The new cam is a Christmas present from me, to me! (wifey ain’t gonna be happy!). The triple Rochesters are out to Carbjunkys in Georgia for rebuild and the triple Offy intake had factory design flaws that restricted 2 of the cylinders. They are being upgraded. This car had very low miles on it because everything inside the engine is cleaning up so nicely. No cylinder bore or crank turn down, all still stock. Russ Martin at Centerville Auto in California has also been monumental with his knowledge and tech articles.
                                                        I am in search of a 49-50 Buick to put her in. If that don’t pan out, she will be pleasantly displayed in an open engine roadster.
                                                        PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF HER AT THE DRAG STRIP, LET ME KNOW…

35joe
                                                        Participant

Frank,
                                                            Thanks for the compliments.
                                                            Joe

35joe
                                                            Participant

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.