1967 Anyone know what happened to my car?

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY 1967 Anyone know what happened to my car?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Enclosed is a picture of my 27 T altered that I raced during the 1967 season. I lost track of it after I went into the service. Anyone have any idea what happened to it?
        Al Baran

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

AL whats the source of this photo ? and have any more ?….The guys will be looking ,trust me .

anonymous

If you go to the last photo post (Maso’s latest contribution by papasmurf) and scan down, you will find a closer look of the photo here. It was a 27 T fiberglass body by Almquist on a 29 Ford frame painted red with the name “Mojo Workin” on the side.

Al Baran

anonymous

Here is another photo. That’s my tow car next to it. I raced with and without the top.
                    Al Baran

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Dumb question , but who’de ya sell it to? can he tell you what he did with it… sounds like a job for Dover CSI !..Brian on prowl…Andy on internet …dino on phone.

anonymous

I sold it to a body shop in Fairfield that went out of business without the engine. The body shop was owned in part by Al Bowes who raced a 63 Vette at Dover called the Mayflower which held a national record. Al passed away a few years ago. The car bounced around the Fairfield/Milford Ct. area for a few years and then the trail went cold. I suspect that it was probably parted out. The only piece I still have is the pickup bed trunk lid which still has the original 1967 Dover win stickers on it.

Al Baran

dino
                            Keymaster

Got an idea…Contact the Ct.Street Rod Assn. could be the frame and body are still in use.

anonymous

The Ct. Street Rod Association couldn’t help. Here’s a better picture.

Attachments:

maso
                                    Participant

Now… that’s a REAL Hot Rod. I appreciate it. It’s got a roll bar and it can be driven on the street or at the track. Normally, I don’t like T-Buckets… usially over powered fiberglass kit cars with seats that are impossible to sit in, but this one floats my boat…! I love the outboard capable headers too. That’s the way they used to do it back in the day of the dry lakes… Drive it on the street, then set it up for racing…

34gasser-65awb

While I’m no help at finding it, I have to agree with Maso! T-buckets normally don’t do it for me, but this one does! Looks (probably sounded and RAN) like a HOTROD! Thanx for posting the pics.

anonymous

Initially, I had Rochester fuel injection on it but the dual quads were faster.
                                                It was a 327 bored out putting out an estimated 350 hp in an 1800 lb car. That’s the equivalnt of 700 hp in a 3600 lb car. The trans was a manual 3 speed. Back then you couldn’t seriously race with a powerglide. Because of the street gears in the rear, the trap speed stayed under 120. Does anyone have any of the papers that listed track results in 1967?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.