1968 Factory Hemi Cuda’s and Darts that made it Dover

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? 1968 Factory Hemi Cuda’s and Darts that made it Dover

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Bill Stills just sent THIS….AND I Have Photos Of Jack Werst ,Ken Montgomery And Ed Miller AT DOVER …Looking

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

MOPAR QUIZ! Name the car ? Find Miller, Montgomery and others in T.O’Shea’s SuperStock meet coverage in His Gallery 3 -ODF Premium Members Galleries …..

Attachments:

storm-king

Unknown Hemi Dart is says on the picture, and Sandy’s “Outlaw” was a Chevelle, right?

Still don’t see any photographic evidence (not that I don’t believe the story) of Centolanza’s ’68 Hemi Barracuda, anybody?

dino
                Keymaster

Ok Went to The Master Files And Zoomed in …How ‘Bout Jack Arnew -Baltimore ,Md.
                    Found after some searching:
                    “Almost 40 years ago, racers throughout the Northeast made the trek, with race cars in tow to a little Amoco service station in Dundalk, Maryland (a Baltimore suburb). Why the pilgrimage? It was simple: To get the car on Jack Arnewโ€™s alignment rack. Arnew was (and likely still is), the king of drag race wheel alignments for stock bodied cars”

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

We Bad We Bad : Found This posted at http://www.classracer.com
                        Quote:”It’s nice to know some of you still remember me. It’s nicer to know that I’m still alive. My son Scott is still doing front ends and outher suspension work, on superstock and streetrods. We both now live in BelAir ‘ Maryland. I now have a 1965 Elcamino Pro/Street vehicle for show and crusing. Anyone wishing to reach Jack Arnew , My cell phone # 410-977-7949, I can put you in touch with my Scott. My Email # JackArnew@netzero.com

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

Bet you can find a needle in a haystack ๐Ÿ˜€ Or a brain-cell in Nancy Pelosi’s head ๐Ÿ˜†

Will you put Bill Stiles Hemi Barracuda under my Christmas Tree this year ๐Ÿ˜€
                            The Stiles SS/BA at Suffolk, Virginia, 1969 runs 10.49 @ 135.95. “THATS A FLYING”

Still trying to research the Centalanzo Mystery. Bob (70HVYSS) says that they held the record
                            at 9.90 in 76′ or so. I’m pretty sure that’s what the Index was set at. The SS/BA index at that time was 10.17, so you would think the SS/A was at least 2/10’s lower. When did they stop running the “Breakable” SS/E Hemi Convertible Cuda. Have to follow-up with Bill Rodik on the
                            York, Pa. date for the 68′ SS/A car.

The Jack Arnew car. WOW!! Nice zoom in for the Baltimore, MD. home base. Thats a
                            dozen soft-shell crabs for you DINO. Please pass the cocktail sauce ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
                            OK, Here goes. I think this is correct โžก
                            Car ran 10.70 @ 134 mph at Capitol Raceway, Maryland 1969. Was partnered with a
                            Sam Pannuty at that time. Car was called “POOR BOY”, according to photo data.
                            4-speed transmission, SS/B.
                            Wonder what year the T. O’Shea photo is from.

Paul

paul-ceasrine

DINO,

The Jack Arnew car was the original Sox & Martin SS/B car. Won the NHRA
                                69′ SpringNationals (6/69), 69′ Indy Nationals (9/69) and 69′ World Finals (10/69)
                                Jack bought the car with Sam Panjutty at the end of the 69′ season.
                                The car must have been at Dover in 1970. Look closely, and the paint job resembles
                                the Sox & Martin car. Also, the Keystones (A Sox & Martin trademark).
                                In 1970, the S/S Magazine Nationals were held on 5/10, the AHRA SpringNats were
                                held on 5/24, and the NHRA SpringNats were held on 6/14. Didn’t Dover always have a
                                good event for the end of May, a possible $/$ meet. Something good must have been on the Dover menu to bring them up from Baltimore. I’m sure it wasn’t the Blue-Plate Special at Adam’s Diner ๐Ÿ˜ณ
                                Wonder what Jack and Sam paid for that Record Holder ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

BOB (HVY70SS). Right on for the Centalanzo’s. Time frame 74′ -77′. Car, all black. No side lettering, only decals along the lower side panels. Lou Centalanzo lettered on lower section of door windows. NHRA #1609 SS/A. Centerlines. There maybe a Dover Sticker on the
                                “B” Pillar behind the driver side (back-seat area) window. Looks red. 73′ Class winners were
                                green. 74′ were what? I forgot. (Didn’t race that year, went golfing. No just parking attendant
                                at Putnam Country Club for the weekends. Too much $ on the weekend to pass up).
                                1975 Dover. No Class run-offs, just bracket stuff. No fun for 4-speeds. Though Dover closed in May 76′, it really died in late-summer 75′.
                                PC ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

pauljbayarinas
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Brian And I researching Gaudreau’s name in Race paper results lists…Name familiar and had previous cars…more later …looking

A quick Google search found this:
                                    Quote from a article how he went 150mph WITH A SNOWMOBILE !( WE DO have Snowmobile Guys On forum)
                                    ” Big Bob liked things that went fast, not hard to imagine from a man who once professionally drag raced Chrysler hemi-powered drag racers. In 1969, racing his 1968-bodied, Chrysler-engined โ€˜Kandy Kuda,โ€™ Gaudreau established a Pro Stock record time of 10.095 seconds at a speed of 135.5 mph in a quarter-mile event.”
                                    ….click for complete story: http://www.snowmobile.com/manufacturers/others/bob-gaudreaus-budweiser-special-730.html

kovitch was the motor man he and bob ran a GTO [tin indian ??] at colchester 66/67? he was kinda like ed prout a GIFTED SALESPERSON at getting deals/sponsors i talked with him about 3 years ago and he was building a 33 willys with a grandnational V/6 motor for the riddler award he got the motor from G.M. and bought the model77coupe from joe bioskey in middlebury conn. believe it or not i saw the car around 1962 it was like new bioskey had it all this time and bob got it from him another friend pete thomas just told me he heard that bob was very sick

dino
                                    Keymaster

WEll Well Jack just registered on Forum Today !…..Little does he know…we were “already On His Case ” ๐Ÿ˜€

jack-arnew

Paul, I have to correct the motion that Sam and I had purchased the Sox&Martin car. Sam bought the car at Cicle County Daragway during a Super Stock meet. I purchased the car l.ater after driving for Sam the last part of that year. We were not parteners as I only drove and worked on it for him. But I have to say Sam treated me like a brother, gave me a super car to race. I felt like I had hit the lottery. I will always be greatful to him for the chance to race with a group of fine racers.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Hey JACK ,welcome “back” to Dover…. sorry I got my Cuda’s And Darts mixed up …hey Drake made me a “Ford” guy.

jack-arnew

Don’t konw where my mind is, must be a senior molment, but noticed the phone and email numbers wrong on a pervious post. Old ones incorrect as I have relocated our operation.
                                                    new numbers as followes. 410-879-9091 jackarnew@comcast.net.
                                                    Jack

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Any body remember this one? Did it make it to Dover?

Attachments:

patina
                                                        Participant

Don’t think so Deano I would go to S&K back then and the mostly ran NHRA meets then.

Pat

hvy70ss
                                                            Participant

Hey folks…love the old Hemi cars, long time no post. Anyway, could this be the Charlie Castaldo “Fun City Flyer” BEFORE he got it and went ProStock with it??? Remember there were only 50 made…shoudn’t be too hard to investigate.

Smitty

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.