1968 Hemi Dart & Barracuda info pics wanted

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 1968 Hemi Dart & Barracuda info pics wanted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    68hemiss

I am trying to put together the histories of these cars. I know a few of them raced at Dover. I am looking for pictures, any info on who raced them and when. Some of the cars I am looking for info on are:
        Oakland Speed Shop Dart
        Tony Chickory’s “Mr Ed” Dart
        Joe Patel’s Deb’s Speed Shop Dart
        “Honest Hemi” Dart
        Charlie Castaldo’s Darts
        Charlie Lendrum’s Dart (Albany Dodge -Thundermug II)
        Steve O’Neil Dart
        New Breed Drag Team Barracuda
        Eddie Smith’s Dart (Mt Kisco)
        I am interested in any info or photos on these cars or any others.
        Thanks,
        Mark Janaky
        1968 Hemi S/S Registry
        mjanaky@wi.net
        262/637-2624

dino
        Keymaster

Check all our Gallerys …(Ther’es a Bunch of these in The Big ODF -T.O’shea Premium Members gallery- we’re up to over 1700 pics now)…AND I’Im sure Forum Members know more than me about most of these cars .

storm-king

At least one of Castaldo’s Darts has been put back to ‘close to stock’ minus the wild paint and has been featured in at least one Mopar mag.
                someone had contacted me a year or two ago about Tony’s “Mr. Ed” car, which was maroon on one side, white in hte middle and blue on the other side. I think some of the guys on this site know where Tony is today, still working in Poughkeepsie if I’m not mistaken.
                I’d forgotten about New Breed and Deb’s cars. Did New Breed become John Macy’s car?
                I’ll rattle Bill to get on here about this.

vbob
                Participant

Hey
                    Check with Connecticut Street Rodders ,Pet Bozzo,Don Gallant !!
                    They’ll know all that New Breed Team, Debs Speed Shop stuff!!

‘V’Bob

storm-king

I asked Bill and he told me that Macy’s Heads Up and New Breed were at the same event so for sure they aren’t the same car.

68hemiss

Storm King,
                            I did contact you a while back about Tony Chickory’s Dart. Thanks agian. The New Breed Barracuda (from what I have been told) became the Harris Motors Car. The Dart that has been in the Magazines billed as the Charlie Castaldo car is currently owned by a friend of mine. We seriously doubt that it was one of Charlie’s cars. Charlie’s first Dart was rolled at E-town (and was a stick car) and I know who the original owner as well as the history (w/ paperwork)from when Charlie owned the second Dart till today. (another contraversy?) The car did come out of Mt. Kisco – I have been told that an Eddie Smith who ran a gas station downtown near the old movie house owned it but have been unable to contact him. I spoke with Tony Saranceni and Ritchie Mattoni – you guys might remember them? Still trying to find Bill Davitt – heard he had a resturant in CT??
                            Thanks,
                            Mark J

68hemiss

Bob, Thanks for the tip – I will try to contact them. I spoke with Dave LeBrun last year – I guess the New Breed Drag Car Club is still active. I have to check back with him.
                                Thanks,
                                Mark J

dino
                                Keymaster

Hey Mark…I’m Looking for Bill Davitt Too…I Did also talk to Tony Sareceni (He’s in Colorado)…need to get these guys on the forum ! New Guy on Other Thread ( StormKing-BlackArrow) has info on some of the cars on your “list”.

vbob
                                    Participant

Hey

I got this from up s— !!
                                        New Breed !!
                                        First pics I ever took at drag strip!!
                                        Ct Dragway 1963.

‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                        Participant

Hey

DART ??

‘V’

Attachments:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.