1969 Chevy SMALLBLOCK 302 MOTOR

Forums Forums "CLASSIFIEDS"-Buy & Sell stuff For Sale 1969 Chevy SMALLBLOCK 302 MOTOR

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rodz927
    Participant

i AM SELLING A 1969 SHORTBLOCK MOTOR …302..FOUR BOLT MAIN..4 INCH BORE WITH THREE INCH STROKE…..WITH ROLLER CAM…SHORTBLOCK COMES COMPLETE ALSO WILL GIVE TO BUYER ONE SET OF BRODEX ALUMINUM HEADS WITHOUT ROCKERS..I HAVE ROLLER LIFTERS AND TRIPLE SPRINGS TO GO ALONG WITH HEADS…1800.00 FOR ALL..9142246795

don-kauer

I’m confused…69 302 4 bolt small journal….Is this a typo or fact…..Can you contact me on PM? Thanks…. Don……

patina
            Participant

Don there is no such thing!

Pat

mikey

I have to disagree with you Pat. The only thing I’d question is the small journal. But the bore and stroke are correct for a 302. The formula for cubic inch is: bore x bore x stroke x .785 x the number of cylinders:4x4x3x.785×8=301.44 cubic inches. It’s evidently a home-made 302.
                    ……………….Mikey 😆

patina
                    Participant

Mikey there is no small journal 302 in 69. Yes the bore and stroke is correct but it was achieved with a large journal crank in 69 a very rare and expensive crank. And there aren’t any small journal blocks in 69 all large journal.

Pat

mikey

I thought they went to large journal in 1970, my bad. What other Chevy large journal cranks had a 3 inch stroke? It really does not matter. If they were large journal then the guy has the wrong info on the block. …………Mikey 😆

P.S. Pat, check his post. He edited it and took out the small journal part. 😮 😯

don-kauer

Hey, Large journal 302 4 bolt 1969…….DZ or M0 casting……………….Small journal 67 and 68 but NOT 4 bolt….That’s why I left that message for the seller….And you are right…It could be a homemade one….And for the record I was building and running these motors when you guys were still crapping yellow 😆 😆 😆 …..Don…………….

don-kauer
                                    quote donkauer:

I’m confused…69 302 4 bolt small journal….Is this a typo or fact…..Can you contact me on PM? Thanks…. Don……

I see the ad has been edited 😕

patina
                                    Participant
                                        quote donkauer:

Hey, Large journal 302 4 bolt 1969…….DZ or M0 casting……………….Small journal 67 and 68 but NOT 4 bolt….That’s why I left that message for the seller….And you are right…It could be a homemade one….And for the record I was building and running these motors when you guys were still crapping yellow 😆 😆 😆 …..Don…………….

Hey Kauer I may have you beat 🙄 🙄 🙄 I was getting coffee for the guys at the garage when they where building these “301” when the 4″ bore came out (62) 😆 😆 😆

Pat

don-kauer

Pat, By 1962 when I graduated High School I had 3 283/301’s under my belt…The first one went by the wayside the second I sold and the 3rd was the good one… It was in my 55 Chevy ragtop…097 cam, powerpack heads with home porting, factory corvette intake with 2 WCFB Carters, 4:88’s and a Borg Warner 4 speed from Midnight Auto Supply..I actually grabbed that one myself outside of a night club up in the sticks while 2 friends kept guard… 😈 😈 …………………….But anyway the 55 ragtop was real quick car for back in the day..301 a Great motor!!!! 😀 😀 😀

patina
                                            Participant

You win Kauer 😀 Your waaay older than me 😆 😆 😆

Pat

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.