1969 super bee six pack–dover car

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls 1969 super bee six pack–dover car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

hey guys, my name is tony dunn, i am 30 years old and currently own a hemi orange 1969 super bee six pack lift off hood. this car was a class winner in 1969 and proudly wears its 1969 class winner sticker on the passenger window. i am not quite sure how to upload pictures on this site but if anyone has pictures or remembers this car please send me an email:charlesdunn@sbcglobal.net. i was able to track down the second owner who purchased the car from the original owner, he shared some stories. thanks tony charles dunn

It’s A real Super Bee 6-Pack..with 40 year old win record ! Laminate that decal to the Window with Clear Vinyl to Preserve!

Attachments:

vbob
        Participant

Hey

Tony ,welcome on board the SS DOVER DRAG .COM !!!
            We set sail everyday anytime the mood strikes!!
            The weather is never a problem on “ole ironsides”!!
            You cant sink this ship as you will see!
            Pull up a chair and get comfy!
            Make yourself at home!!!
            Are ya gonna join ODF? Got so many great pics there to enjoy!
            Got friends that have the same passion as you do,get ’em on the site!
            Where do you live? NY,Ct., N.J.??
            Who did get the car from?
            At your young age I guess you didnt race anything at DDS !
            Love those 69’s You have got plenty of company with the machine you have!!
            Just be warned,they will tell you to move the engine,move the rearend, cut this, chop that !!LOL!!They do mean well!!
            You have been warned!!
            Good luck on finding more info on the Bee,you jumped on the right ship!!

‘V’ Bob

dino
            Keymaster

…………..Thats Video Bob…my gosh what have I unleashed ? No really . . . Good job Bob…Tony :Get Dad to fill us in on his “Dover Days”.

paul-ceasrine

Charles,
                    I was a Mopar guy at Dover from 68′ thru 73′, and took many photo’s, primarily of the Mopars.
                    I have several photo’s, both black and white, and color, of a couple of 6-pack cars.
                    A gentleman from Peekskill, New York, named Danny or Denny ran a Hemi Orange
                    Super Bee in 69 and early 70. His car was a four-speed, and ran in C/Stock. I have a couple of pictures of his car in the pits, and one coming up the return road. If I recall, it didn’t have headers, maybe slicks only. Ran 13.60’s. Could this be your car. In the photo I cannot see the passenger side window.

Paul

paul-ceasrine

Tony,

Check out this picture from the spring of 1970. At the starting line, foreground
                        69 1/2 white Road Runner 6-pack, C/S, in background on spectator’s side, a
                        red or orange 69 1/2 Super Bee 6-pack. Looks like the white Road Runner got the holeshot.
                        Could this be your car. Can’t see the driver of the Super Bee. Looks like the
                        Road Runner was sponsored by, possibly “Croton Deli”, the lettering is hard to figure out.

Paul ❓

paul-ceasrine

Tony,

Point to remember. Those 6-pack engines had special hardened cranks, with extra mass.
                            The 6-pack motors were externally balanced, and came with a special harmonic balancer/damper, that has stay intact with the crank. Those monster 6-pack connecting
                            rods are indestructible. Remember getting a set to put in my 69′ 440 Cuda, and wondered
                            if the heavy rods would restrict RPM’s. They did. Still, they are a thing of beauty, and
                            a wonderful piece of machined internal components, from Chrysler.

Still looking for sniglets of your Peekskill-based car.

Paul

bossguy

The mention of Croton Deli sparked a memory. There was a Croton Speed Shop that ran some strong cars. I think one was a Hemi owned by Bumper DeWhitt (spl). The shop was owned by the cousin of a guy I worked with at George Cook Ford in North Tarrytown.

dino
                                Keymaster

I lettered Bumper’s Car…ODF gallery comes thru Again !

Attachments:

bossguy

I remembered it as a post car. I remember the guy I worked with saying Bumper got in trouble for improvising a drag strip on a length of freshly blacktopped highway. Tore it all up! I think my friends cousin was Tony Caveleri?

storm-king

I know this isn’t the right thread, but does anyone remember Harry harrison’s “Yellow Brick Road” six pack Road Runner? harry ran “Thunder Speed” in Beacon.
                                            Incidentally, Harry had the most awsome pics ever taken of Jungle Pam, which have never been published.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Lets FIND HARRY !

bossguy

I remember Thunder Speed, I moved to Dutchess in 75. I was the parts mgr at Heritage Ford on 9D. Two of our mechanics were charging dry gas out on every car they worked on. I went to Thunder Speed to pick up a Power valve for my Holley and there was the dry gas for sale on the counter!

storm-king

Harry was an IBM’er. He had a friend of mine, Rick Green, run the store by day. This was back in the mid ’70’s shortly before I went active duty in teh Air Force.

paul-ceasrine

See,

That’s what is so great about this site. You open one Dover door, and you then enter a maze of doors. talking about a 69 1/2 Super Bee in Virginia, leads us to Peekskill, Croton Deli,
                                                            Croton Speed Shop, a 66′ Plymouth Hemi from Heckman Motors, Thunder Speed in
                                                            Beacon, and an IBM’er. Great site, good reading.

Paul

Speaking of the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. Doesn’t “Mine the Bird” remind you of a Hemi, the way that horse kicks in a the top end.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Yes Paul …lot of doors ! …thats why I remind Every one to see ALL the pages in a Heading going back months….you WILL probably find what you’re looking for …bottom right corner of heading pages …the little blue boxes AND use the search feature.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.