1972 Womans Pro Stock Curcuit At Dover

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR 1972 Womans Pro Stock Curcuit At Dover

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Brian just found Photos of this Group running Dover in ’74….about the time I departed and don’t recall this apperance. Phot0s on the way ! Bet Drake knows the cars-girls and boot sizes.

dino
        Keymaster

Brian Just back from Menglers with all the photos ! In the Mail! Bunny Burkette (Cotton Pony Mustang)And Jean Brown ,plus 4 others .

dino
            Keymaster

Guess I missed this Show…Here they are Lined up on Track.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Zoomed in …editted best I could from Menglers $8.00 ‘Instamatic” But History preserved!

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

More from That Day:

Attachments:

hvy70ss
                        Participant

How the Hell did I not go to that??? 😯 Pro Stock AND hotties! I got my first trophy at Dover that summer. Anybody know the date that happened?

Smitty

dino
                            Keymaster

Unicorn car says”Miss Universe Super Pro-Stock Curcuit”…..Heres Bunny Burkette !

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Last One …Jean Brown…..

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Drake? any help here / Maverick says “IMP” And notice “72” om Unicorn.

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Did some Snooping…Found This:

“Bunny poses beside her second bright red Mustang, in the late ’60s. Part of Bunny’s popularity stemmed from her participation in Tom “Smoker” Smith’s Miss Universe of Drag Racing tour. Bunny remembered the tour with affection, calling it “a traveling circus.” It was a hit with the fans, who liked the quality of the racing almost as much as the hot pants contests that the Miss Universe drivers participated in. “We would strut our stuff,” Bunny said, and the crowds “would yell and clap and carry on….” Sounds exploitative, and it probably was. But drag racing is an expensive sport, and playing by Smith’s rules was one way that Bunny and the other women could stay in the game.”

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Carol Henson Also in the Mix…Later went on to run BB/FC ‘Warlock”. Gene Brown was ‘Mousie” Brown’s wife.Not much more info can be found .

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    I must have been mowing the lawn!!FRANK,how come you didnt call me ta go ta this one !!!!!!
                                                    ‘V’

dino
                                                    Keymaster

V-BOB !…you mean there’s Nothing In The ATTIC on this….? Oh-Forgot,for you new guys… Last post on this ( the Attic) almost a year ago …time flies! lot of old stuff for the newbies to discover….The Attic referred to is V-Bobs incredible stash of photos…See the post about it here:
                                                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=703&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=attic

dover1320

Hey Bob you might have been out to see Sturr !!!

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Hey V, I think that day, Paulie D. and I stopped at “Genes” and
                                                                that’s all I remember !!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
                                                                Frank…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.