‘2-step’ with a 4-speed

Forums Forums RACE TECH QUESTION FORUM ‘2-step’ with a 4-speed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Racer called with a question for race….blew the automatic in his 65 chevelle…..now has a 4 speed. “Can I run the 2-step” in your 4-speed class?” one guy says …’no advantage with a 4-speed,its just a rev-limiter’….another guy says “He can use it as a delay box and dail in his opponents dail-in ” Do we let him use it or not?

speedbump
        Participant

how do you use it to run off your oppents tree. you still need to activate the clutch to move.

masracingtd1167
            Participant

Dino and everybody a 2 step can not be used as a delay device it is a safety device and in no way cause a delay.If anyone has any electronics questions please ask me or my son .

dino
                Keymaster

So ….let him run it.? got to call him back….Am I correct in saying,it’s basically a “line-Loc’ type deal that is used as a rev -limiter in automatics.?Why he uses it with a 4-Speed …I don’t know OR is this a common practice? If NO unfair advantage to opponent then he should be able to use it Right? that should be the determining factor …”Unfair” advantage.

babycakes
                    Participant

Hey,go for it! Billy,and his son B.J. are ‘seasoned’,and very skilled on ‘electronic’ equipment and useage.If they say it’s o.k.and actually a safety feature,well then,no argument ;that’s my opinion,unless anybody else feels there’s an ‘issue’? What say?

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

A 2 step is used on the starting line to controll engine RPM When the transbrake or line lock is on . It works with an RPM chip in the ignition box . No different than looking at a tack . I hope this helps. If someone has a question about any of this stuff and don’t want to ask on the forum just send me a private message and I will send one back to you . The big thing we have to watch out for is guy’s using a box I really don’t think this will be an issue since we have an electronics class .Dino if you want I will talk to your spotter’s before the race and give them a couple of things to look for .

tomblake
                            Participant

Billy is right, just keep the delay boxes out of the Dover race except for the electronics class. That should be for the King of the Hill also.

dino
                                Keymaster

Correct Tom…the one Electronics Elim. we added DOES NOT RUN KING OF THE HILL….No Pro tree No Crosstalk….by the way Tom …Where Are You?

dino
                                    Keymaster

Billy Said :”Dino ,if you want I will talk to your spotter’s before the race and give them a couple of things to look for”
                                        Great .Yes I Want …Bobby will have plenty of policeman- ..Plan to have a Fast “Drivers Meeting” so Everybody is on the same page….Behind the Tower Right Before First Rounds….Wayne estimates that at about 1pm.

tomblake
                                        Participant

Dino….We have been in south VA riding the motorcycle in the mountains the last two days. We stopped at an RV park at the intersection of the 77 & 81 interstates. The weather and the riding has been great.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Ok … so I called ‘Louie” in N.H. and told him…”bring it On ” two step and all.!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.