2009 Website UPGRADE SURVEY

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION 2009 Website UPGRADE SURVEY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

I know this will open a can of worms …But If can have your Ideas (Think First !)…Just trying to get a ‘pulse’ on whats ‘Hot’ ..whats “not’…additions …deleations…something missing I could Add…something dumb I should end…what you want more of..Or something you saw we could do…NOT that I’m going to erase or delete existing archived material….just looking for some fresh ideas that might have been generated with our ‘growth’ over the last few months. So …Have at it. Constructive please…and that includes New ‘products’ and ‘goodies’.

I know ,I spelled discussion wrong in e-mail….theres a suggestion..check your spelling!

patina
        Participant

Dino my 2 cents. I don’t understand the Forum Index and the Board index I seem to go through a lot of things to get to a post, thread, forum whatever. I’m not that good at this anyway Nhra just STREAMLINED their site and sent me back 10 yrs.
            Also how about a “search” for photos only as well as the forum search. For what it’s worth its a Great site and I tell everyone about it. In fact I just mentioned it to Jerry Duffy from the old Ulster Automotive in Kingston and he’s hooked.

maso
            Participant

I think that you are doing fine and deserve a lot of credit.

I look forward to some of the projects that you have in the works like the up comming video documentary and also I will be staying tuned to see what the Dover Dragstrip Official Historian will come up with. Also… I hope that you will soon discover more photo collections for the gallery.

❗ edit-dino… Never know what the postman will bring (just talked to Brian…new stuff from him coming next week! AND I’m finally getting NEXT week All my converted 8mm back …promise to post a’ teaser ‘of never seen footage…some the donors DIDN’T even know what was on them ! hope its not a wedding or something 😆 )

dino
                Keymaster

Patina …You’re Doing Fine with Your Posts !…BUT to answer the Photo Search …Heres the problem. It all depends on how THE POSTER writes up the topic heading AND the message. I always try to be VERY discriptive. …like “Shottgun Express Photos from 1968”. That way if ya put in ‘Shottgun Express’ in the search box …Bang there it is AND you’ll see that it says it’s a Photo And IT’S IN the Historical Dover Photo Section so it obviously a photo. Like your: “Eastern Automotive Gasser For Sale” post was perfect. NOTE: Putting a heading like: “A couple More”… or “Dover Shots”says nothing for the search feature to work with. ——>IF you guys could go AND find your Photo Posts, hit ‘edit’ and REWRITE the topic heading and be discriptive in the message ….It would save hours for Us to do it.

BOARD INDEX is starting point on “Forum”..Has TWO MAIN SECTIONS: FORUM INDEX and below: Multi-Media . IF YOU’RE an ODF …You ALSO SEE at top: ODF Premium Members . The Photos And Videos are in the Multi-Media Forum and All Else in sub-catagories are in the “Forum Index.’ UNLIKE other Forums …that just ramble with post after post …we put in the sub headings to “sort” things. Check all the pages and use Search.

jlk-racing

Dino,
                        I think the site is fine as it is. I wouldn’t change a thing because if you make it to hard to use then some of the people that aren’t that good with computers won’t be able to use it.

dino
                        Keymaster

Cool jlk …Always trying to make it easier.

gramdog1
                            Participant

Dino, site is AWESOME. Forum concept works great, don’t change a thing.
                                Gramdog1-soon to be an ODF.

bobby-s

Dino
                                    the “VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS” works great brings ya right to the latest
                                    HOT OFF THE PRESSES info.
                                    bobby s.

bossguy

Dino, I’m happy the way it is. I agree with jlk racing, a lot of potential ODF aren’t that computer savvy. I’ve talked to my customers whose fathers used to race there and when I ask them to tell there fathers they say, “he won’t go near a computer”

maso
                                        Participant
                                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Cool jlk …Always trying to make it easier.

I am sure that you are right about that. Although I have no trouble navigating around here, I’m sorry to say that some guys I know have expressed some frustration about logging in and then finding their way around. There are some formerly very sophisticated drag racers and mechanical types who have a little trouble catching on to the electronic stuff… fact of life: I suppose that if you look back in history you will find that some of the great stone age survivors may have had their trouble and frustrations with the new generation of Iron age technologies too… that’s life…!

I think that the best and most constructive thing that I can say to you now is that you should go the extra mile to make this site as “Idiot Proof” as possible, and I hope I don’t get myself in any trouble for saying it that way.

Did you know that I asked Tommy Ivo if he would drop by here and post something… he got back to me saying that he tried to but couldn’t figure out how to get logged in. That says it all I think.

tomblake
                                            Participant

Maso….some of us are learning, check your last PM.

Sometimes it takes some type of interesting site/program to get us older folks motivated to learn new things. We didn’t grow up with computers like the kids of today. I think this site helps us get into computers a little bit more.

Did you ever tried to beat a young kid at a video game?

dino
                                                Keymaster

Like Maso said …”thats life” and Thats people in general… I remember: I never had a Fax machine…”just didn’t get it” THEN when I finally got one ..I marveled “How did I get along WITHOUT one”. Just takes a little effort and common sense. We’ve had guys trying to log in with thier E-Mail Address and wondering why I did’nt work.When ther’e the ones that Created their User Name And Password…just didn’t remember OR write it down. Now we did have some Real Computer issues that had to be fixed …only two! and ol papasmurf reset their computer settings and fixed the problem easily. It’s like riding a bike…Take the plunge and once you have it ….you have it. Tom’s got it right…no… I can’t beat my kid on a video game !

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Maso said : ‘ I think that the best and most constructive thing that I can say to you now is that you should go the extra mile to make this site as “Idiot Proof” as possible, and I hope I don’t get myself in any trouble for saying it that way.”
                                                        No problem Tom…like that comedian says …. sometimes “ya can’t fix stupid” 😀 no really…WE WILL HELP ANYBODY , ANYTIME…Just Give us a call !

Just went over 19000 on the Hit ‘clicker” Cool

billy-casey

hi Dino , Billy here … please don’t change any thing , i’m just starting to get the hang of it … i’m just starting to replace my dial phones with push button , it’s amazing 😆 😆 😆 Billy

dino
                                                            Keymaster

GOT TO GIVE IT TO BILLY ! One of our first forum guys AND that was right after surgery …If HE can do it… You Can Do it…Not Changing anything really …All systems seem to be acceptable by large majority >..But Did get some New ideas to do !!! like the Event Calendar ….stuff like that

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.