2010 A YEAR OF LAST PASSES

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? 2010 A YEAR OF LAST PASSES

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

2010 . . .Quite a year & it’s almost gone….AS We look forward to 2011 …lets take the time to Remember the Guys who made their last pass. I feel so fortunate to have been able to connect up again with the real Legends of our youth…those that without their contribution to our beloved Track …would not be what it was.This Site is dedicated to preserving the Cars & Stars and family of the Dover Legacy……

Charllie Boucher
        Bill Casey
        Jim Ryan
        Mary Archiere
        Bob Tasca
        Gene Ritacco
        Ricky Daro jr.
        Richard Head Sr.
        George “moppy’ Buchannan
        …..Might have missed some….

They made it to the Ultimate Trophy Booth…….Our Heros will be missed…..but never forgotton

Attachments:

gene-terenzio-sr
        Participant
            quote dinotheweirdo:

2010 . . .Quite a year & it’s almost gone….AS We look forward to 2011 …lets take the time to Remember the Guys who made their last pass. I feel so fortunate to have been able to connect up again with the real Legends of our youth…those that without their contribution to our beloved Track …would not be what it was.This Site is dedicated to preserving the Cars & Stars and family of the Dover Legacy……

Charllie Boucher
            Bill Casey
            Jim Ryan
            Mary Archiere
            Bob Tasca
            Gene Ritacco
            Ricky Daro jr.
            Richard Head Sr.
            George “moppy’ Buchannan
            …..Might have missed some….

They made it to the Ultimate Trophy Booth…….Our Heros will be missed…..but never forgotton

1 corinthians/50
            50- What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
            51- But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!
            52-It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.
            53-For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.
            54- Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die,j this Scripture will be fulfilled:
            โ€œDeath is swallowed up in victory.
            55 -O death, where is your victory?
            O death, where is your sting?lโ€
            56 -For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.
            57-But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.
            58 -So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

——————————————————————————–

don-kauer

Well put Gene and excellent Scripture………….You know before Billy passed I read Romans 10: verses 9,10,11,12 and 13 to him and he told me he believed and I beleive he was saved…….”Everyone who calls on the name of the lord will be saved” Romans 10: 13………………..Don……..

dino
                Keymaster

Christmas And New years……Birth of Jesus and Birth of a New Year….We all seem to have ‘seen the light’ and gotten wiser in our old age…and to think…Sundays we had church in a little town called Wingdale, with freinds we never knew would become ‘family’.Glad we met …those with us and those that have gone on.Thanks Gene

hvy70ss
                    Participant

Well put, Dino and Gene. Excellent tribute.

Smitty

tomatohead
                        Participant

….. same here โ— cant believe that a lot of you I probably walked right bye at one time or another ….better to meet the lot of you later then never …… this goes for ALL you ….god bless and happy holidays are comin’ โ—

dino
                            Keymaster

Last day of the Year………………Been quite a ride……Tomorrow is a new day & New Year…..We remember the past ,but many more rounds to go….. hoping the best for you and yours this New Year.As Cousin Brucie used to say …”Keep your motor Spinning,this is only the Beginning”.

gene-terenzio-sr
                                Participant
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Last day of the Year………………Been quite a ride……Tomorrow is a new day & New Year…..We remember the past ,but many more rounds to go….. hoping the best for you and yours this New Year.As Cousin Brucie used to say …”Keep your motor Spinning,this is only the Beginning”.

See All My Brothers & Sisters At The Rapture, Happy New Year, Arrivederci, For Now. Gene

ptulli
                                    Participant

Terenzio Brothers, this is what I remember about racing at Dover when you were there.

Evey once in a while we would make a time trial and I would shut the engine off in the traps and coast to the end of the track to do a plug reading. I would pull off at the begining of the return road and get out and start pulling selected plugs to read.

I would hear a roar like a 747 was landing and look up to see your car shutting down at about 180 MPH.

I would bring an extra pair of underwear for those days.
                                        PJT

mikey

I know the feeling. Did the same thing, and here came Skip North in one lane, and the Shott Bros. in the other. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Scared the crap out of me. Next time, and every time after that, I made that turn and coasted until the car stopped by itself. ………Mikey ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.