2012 "22nd DOVER REUNION" REPORT

Forums Forums DANBURY DOVER REUNION News / Notes / Photos 2012 "22nd DOVER REUNION" REPORT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Hey Guys, Time is flying bye, so this is a reminder for the 22nd Annual Dover Drag Strip
        Car Show and Reunion. It will be held again at Big Al’s Toy Box on Sunday, September 2nd.
        Smokey and Grover invite everyone to join them at this great event. Always a FUN time !!

Frank…

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

SAME DAY COVERAGE—- post it HERE…Brian just called…planty of folks arrived early…he’s already scored some never before seen photos from new Dover fans ,he’s never met before. Get those cell phone cameras cooking .Les Madaus seen getting the action with his camera. They HAVE Announced THIS WILL BE THE LAST DOVER REUNION run By Smokey & Grover….22 straight years ,making it THE long Running Reunion of it’s Kind in the nation.Awaiting Paul LeMats arrival.

don-kauer

I’ll leave this open for someone else to post…But I must say it was very cool 😎 ..Johnny Milner…Great turnout of cars and people………. 😀

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Great time!
                    Sure missed you ODF’s that could not make the reunion!Maybe next time?? Hats off to BIG AL and the gang for the nice day!
                    ‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

OK, I guess I’ll start with some of my camera/phone pictures…First I’d like to thank Smokey
                        and Grover for all their devoted years in keeping Dover alive ❗ ” GREAT JOB GUYS” ❗ 😛
                        Congrats to my friend Don Kauer on his “Hall of Fame” award ❗ I’m sorry I left before the
                        award ceremony. Well deserved Brother ❗ I know the “Speed Man” had a smile on his face ❗
                        Also THANKS to Big Al (and crew) for all he/they do for us Dover guys and for continuing the
                        Dover reunions…Jim Grove, my prayers are with you. Get well ❗ We need you ❗ In these
                        pictures you’ll see great cars and great people ❗

Frank…

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Here’s some more. Oh yeah, Cakes, sorry I didn’t get a chance to talk with you. Every time
                            I looked over, you were in conversation with someone ❗ 😆 That’s what it’s all about ❗
                            I got a chance to say HI to Brian while he was on the run.. 😆 “A GREAT DAY” ❗

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Here’s a few more…
                                John Shimer (ROXREC), had both of his race cars there ❗ His faithful Biscayne, which has
                                been driven by the “Who’s Who” of Dover and the SP VII which looks so wild on the street ❗ “How Cool is that” ❗ Both cars are able to be driven on the street and that’s how they got to the Reunion ❗ 😆 😆 😆

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

Thanks Frank…..Good turnout!

don-kauer

I did not want to post what a great time it was yesterday because a cloud was hanging over the Grover incident…. 🙁 We hope and pray that the Grove has a full recovery and this never happens again 🙂 It was an awesome day with a great turnout of cars and people..Thanks to Big Al and his entire crew…Thanks to Smokey and Grover and their entire family and crew..You people worked your butts off as always….Smokey, Grover,Shimer and what or whoever was involved with the award ,I humbly thank you…..It’s quite an honor to be in the same roll call with people such as CASEY, MAS, SACHS, LAREGINA, LAGANA,EGLOFF,THE VALENTINES ETC..ETC.(the list is so long).. 😎 ……The honor is being recognized with these guys ……Thank you again……Don Kauer….

babycakes
                                        Participant

Frank! Sorry I missed you! Guess my mouth was taking up alot of times talking to the “Dover” Boys! First of all,CONGRATULATIONS Don Kauer! Mister,Well OVERDUE,and you ‘deserved it!!! Smokey,Anne,and Family,along with Grover,THANK YOU ALL,for 22 years of ‘GREATFULL,and HEARTWARMING time spent at the Dover Reunions that ‘all’ of us had,each and every year,like Dover Dragstrip,”GOLDEN MEMORIES”,bless you all for that!!! Now to the ‘boys’,V Bob,Brian and Edward,John Shimer (Many thanks for that ‘offer) Joe D (Tomatohead,Many thanks for the delicious tomatoes) Don Kauer,Billy M.and his wonder wife (Billy,I too would love to see ya with that magic ‘6’),Fred Egloff,Rich Head,Skeet Russell,along with many others,a ‘special’ thanks to say I enjoyed talking and socializing with you guys once again.Big Al, THANK YOU for your facility to hold the Dover 22; it’s well appreciated,and now the ‘torch’ is turned over to you! ‘Grover’, get well soon! We worry about ya! All in all,a “GREAT” time by all ❗ ❗ ❗ 😀 Pete.

john-sachs-sr
                                            Participant

I think I can THANK all who provided the coverage, and great pictures, of the 22nd reunion, for those of us who couldn’t attend. 😉 😀
                                                I talked to Kauer, and Shimer several times during, and after the event, and from what I heard, it was one of the best. Congrats Don.
                                                Thanks again for the coverage. 😎
                                                John

dino
                                                Keymaster

ME 2

masracingtd1167
                                                    Participant

Just want to say thank you to all involved with the reunion . I am very happy to be inducted into the hall of fame That means a lot to me! A special thanks to Smokey AND Grover for all that you guy’s have done to keep the memory alive !

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Billy Mas was inducted into the Hall of Fame, with Don Kauer And Vinnie who ran a Boss 351. Congrats To You ALL !

don-kauer

Hey………Rick M. sent this and asked me to post it……thank you Rick 😎 ……..Don

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.